Boiler to filling loop connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

My filling loop started leaking from a bent connector (not the filling loop itself).
It looks a bit like a 15mm tap connector but the end is flat like a flange, I've not been able to find one in B&Q, please can someone help me to ID it so I can order a replacement?

I have attached an image of the connector in question.

Regards:
IcarusBop

Attachments

• boiler conn.jpg
    boiler conn.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 88
Sponsored Links
Surely it just needs a standard (normally green) 1/2 flat washer from a plumbers merchants.

Surely it just needs a standard (normally green) 1/2 flat washer from a plumbers merchants.

Hello - it's not leaking from the boiler end - it's leaking from the compression olive at the exit end - the pipe is corroded and pitted, so I don't think a new olive will solve the problem.

Use a softer copper olive with jointing paste or wrap some PTFE round it or cut the end off and extend if necessary with a coupling and 15mm copper pipe.
The only place you'll get that pipe fitting from is the boiler manufacturer...and it may only be part of a fittings kit.

Sponsored Links
Use a softer copper olive with jointing paste or wrap some PTFE round it or cut the end off and extend if necessary with a coupling and 15mm copper pipe.
The only place you'll get that pipe fitting from is the boiler manufacturer...and it may only be part of a fittings kit.

Ahh - I didn't know it was a part of the boiler.
OK - ill try cleaning up what I have and a soft copper olive with jointing paste - thanks for your help. (y)

Back