Bolt Type Query to bolt down Vice.

Sponsored Links
It does matter. He said the holes are 5mm.
Well, does it really matter?
If the M8 bolts fit, the holes must be at least 8mm.
I think we can ignore the '5mm' quote, unless the OP has somehow managed to bend the 'laws' of physics ;)

For comparison, my mini vice is m12.

vice.png

Sponsored Links
You know for measuring internal holes you're supposed to use the upper jaws? You know his vice is about half that size too?

You can use either jaws or both. If I have 3 hands, I could probably take pic of upper jaws during use.

I think OP is a wind up merchant. The picture they showed of it is a stock image taken from a website, and here's a picture of a real one on eBay placed on a 1cm squared cutting board...

Look at the second pic and zoom in. The holes are not 5mm.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
FFS, where do you live? Anywhere near me and I'll bring my nut and bolt box and do it for you. God knows why you need a vice, never heard of anyone killing themselves with one but there's always a first!

God knows why you need a vice
I used mine for soldering, painting, and undoing the tie rod from the steering rack. Also for straightening the window hinges bent by the house builder.

Leaning towards it being a wind-up (screw-up?) too - I'm struggling to understand how a thread about bolting a vice to a desk gets to 59 replies. It's about as complex a task as operating a light switch

I wonder when caulk will get a mention? :ROFLMAO:
Sticks Like S**t the vice to the desk

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back