Bomag wacker throws its belt off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This has been at work for years and I wouldn't mind borrowing it, permanently.

I seem to remember that it throws its belt off when used so wondered if it might be missing a tensioner or other part?

IMG_8747.JPG

IMG_8748.JPG

IMG_8749.JPG

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Could it be that the belt is slightly stretched? Isn’t there a better one you can borrow permanently?!

At work someone nicked a laminator. A new one was ordered. Several months later, the new one went missing replaced by the broken old one!!

Isn't it the wrong belt? That belt is toothed, but the pulleys don't look toothed from the angle shown.

Sponsored Links
Could it be that the belt is slightly stretched? Isn’t there a better one you can borrow permanently?!

At work someone nicked a laminator. A new one was ordered. Several months later, the new one went missing replaced by the broken old one!!

That's the only one but there is other stuff.

Isn't it the wrong belt? That belt is toothed, but the pulleys don't look toothed from the angle shown.

It could be, the bolt in the middle seems a bit big for holding the cover on so I thought that might have been a tensioner. But I can't find any images on google.

Yes, I see it has no tensioner so chances are the belt is wrong or stretched (y)

When you get the new belt on, check that there isn't any wobble on the bottom pulley which could indicate a shaft running out of true.
A toothed belt is able to turn on a tighter radius than a normal one, and can be run nice and tight.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back