Bomag wacker throws its belt off

When mine (different make but looks fairly similar) had problems with the belt it was because one of the excitor bearings was knackered. I vaguely recall that it was hard to tell because the other bearing (there's one on each end of the excitor shaft) and the oil seals held the shaft more or less in place while it wasn't running - there wasn't the wobble on the pulley you'd expect to find. It wasn't too much of a job to strip the excitor and subsequently replace the bearings - it was mainly held together by circlips.

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks for the advice. I'll let you know how I get in with it :)

I've got it now and the belt that's with it would never fit in a million years. It's too small and looks like it's been sat on the outside of the pulley on a 'shoulder'.

First oroblem though, it's starts easy but has a very very fast idle. Any ideas?

Throttle cable pulling away from the stop on carb ?

Sponsored Links
Does it have a throttle on the handlebar, or a lever type on top of the engine?
Give us a pic of the linkages if you can.
John :)

It's a level on the engine, I'll take a pic when I get home :)

Sorry for the slow reply, it's been a tough week in this heat!!!

IMG_9042.JPG

IMG_9043.JPG

On the top pic, the machine is set on full bore. When the lever is turned clockwise it should touch the spring loaded stop and start to idle. Does it respond to this?
Lower pic - that vertical lever should spring to and fro around 15 degrees if the governor is active.....with the engine off it should try to keep the engine at full throttle.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back