Bonding 8mm micro bore pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone tell me if the correct way of achieving supplementary bonding in the bathroom with a radiator with 8mm micro bore pipe ran in will be just connect an earth to the radiator?
I can not find any earth clamps that go down to the 8mm.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
I have the same problem with some oil CH pipes. Might just get plumbers to fit 6" of 15mm just after it enters the building. Can't find a microbore pipe clamp for the life of me.

Sweat them on to the pipe, then you can conceal the connection.

Sponsored Links
What about using an 8mm & 10mm end straight feed coupler, cut it and fit around the 8mm pipe so as a packer in order to increase the overall microbore pipe dimensions, this will increase the OD to approximately 12mm which a standard clamp will fit around. When you clamp it down it pulls together very well.

...don't know what you think but I have just tried it and seems to work well....can't budge it and can't think of anything else...just an idea??

nozspark said:
Not a good idea when it's full of oil!!

As any plumber will testify, you are best doing this work with the pipe EMPTY...

... Because you haven't got a hope in hell of soldering it when its full of oil (same with water), it isn't the fact that the oil burns that will be the issue but rather that the oil will do a rather wonderful job of removing the heat :LOL:

Think of the kids party trick of holding a fag lighter under a ballon filled with water, also its fully possible to boil water in a container made out of paper over an open flame

Adam_151 said:
Think of the kids party trick of holding a fag lighter under a ballon filled with water, also its fully possible to boil water in a container made out of paper over an open flame
never seen them done, might have to try it.

edit: found it on youtube:
ballon trick
water (not quite) boiling in a cup

note if you try it dont use an electric hob as per the video, water and electrickery dont mix.

How about those plastic clips I'm seeing - are they BS.... ? and do they do them small enough??

I think that on new installs I'm going to get the plumber to put a small section of 15mm in once it enters the house.. would be so much easier.

Sweating on is not really an option most of the time as the pipe is usually full of oil and I for one am not going to drain/refill & purge the oil line..

Reallyneed anther option for this senario

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back