Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Disagree

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • This poll is not worth voting on

Votes: 14 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As far as I can see -
He disagrees with a lot of the posters, some of whom don't like him quoting back,in a forensic way ,what they have written in support of his argument.
Yes, that's a very good way of putting it Micilin; clever analysis. You can't make a joke or throw away comment without it being ripped apart. I don't think I could feel relaxed with him at a pub for fear of saying something un-pc.
Well, BT, if you have to worry about saying something un-PC, then you have a real worry.
I have no such worries. If I accidentally say something un-PC, and someone advises me, I recognise it and retract my comment immediately. Simples. ;)

It's only happened to me once, that I recall, which was very recently, on this forum.

Sorry, have I just committed the unforgivable sin of quoting you in a forensic way, something which you said as a joke or a throw away comment? ;)

The difference between ,say, a pub conversation and posting here is that here, you have a chance to read what you have written , and edit it, before you post it. It is then in the public domain.

So if someone takes what you have written and uses it, that is fair game.

If you are in a written discussion with someone , just be more careful about what you type.

As far as I can see one of the 'problems' people have with RH is that he reads what is typed, and then constructs an argument based on that, using quotes to support that .

Elsewhere this would be called debate. Here it often annoys people. But mainly because they disagree with what he says, or are ill equipped to respond in kind.

The calls to ban him are just a reflection of that.

(These are General Comments on what often passes for debate here)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Off shore drilling; that’s a bit boring. (groan).

I’m so lazy even my smoke alarm’s got a snooze button :D

He said “I'm going to chop off the bottom of one of your trouser legs and put it in a library”.
I thought “That's a turn-up for the books”. :D

I want to tell you a bit about myself.. I’m a very secretive person. That’s it really… :D

So I went to get some very nice organic herbs from my Greenhouse the other day but as I was plucking them I fell over on my face and some got stuck up me nose. A week later I went to the doctor because I had breathing problems.

After a close examination he said "don't blame it on the good thyme; blame it on the boogie". :D

Sorry

oregonian_winesmiley.gif

Back