Boris Johnson agreed with some Tory MPs who thought Covid was "nature's way of dealing with old people"

By the sounds of the inquiry, any recent government would have done better.
Its true that Borris preference was for people to die rather than a have second lockdown, but they muddled through. It would have been much worse if he'd been in opposition.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Its true that Borris preference was for people to die rather than a have second lockdown, but they muddled through. It would have been much worse if he'd been in opposition.

Blup
Have your seen all the positive feedback Boris got at the inquiry. No one has a good word to say about him.

He was a terrible PM to be stuck with. He was never a threat to Labour either, he was only ever a threat to the Tories.

He bullshitted his way through on Brexit and then tried to bullshit his way through COVID

We know how it was spread, we don't know how to stop another pandemic or how to prepare because by definition it will be different e.g. nuclear war, energy crisis etc, widespread flooding caused by tsunami.

The main question is whether anybody could have done better, I doubt it because the electorate prefer a low tax economy over state investment.

Blup
I'm sure I've said many time before, any organisation worth its salt tries to predict possible catastrophic occurences and make plans for such occurences. In some predictable risks even some investment decisions are madeto deal with and prepare for recovery from such catastrophies.
With good and effective planning and preparation, inluding regular reassesments, dealing with and recovery from such catastrophies can appear almost seamless.
Even to the rise of a conspiracy theroy that there was never an issue in the first place.

This lot would've done better...

_108824274_chimps2.jpg
Is that Rees-Mogg with his feet on the bench?

Sponsored Links

Blup
And Rishi's preference. Apparently the 'eat out to help out' was foisted on the public with little discussion or other input into the policy.

Have your seen all the positive feedback Boris got at the inquiry. No one has a good word to say about him.

He was a terrible PM to be stuck with. He was never a threat to Labour either, he was only ever a threat to the Tories.

He bullshitted his way through on Brexit and then tried to bullshit his way through COVID
A lot of people knew this before he was elected as PM.
But nevertheless he was still elected by the Tories.

This entire enquiry is a way of thise in the legal profession to get there snouts in the public purse
Huge disasters, high numbers of deaths, instances of grave misdeeds, are all manufactured by lawyers so that they can get rich?
Jeezus, I've never read anything so dumb, lol.

Huge disasters, high numbers of deaths, instances of grave misdeeds, are all manufactured by lawyers so that they can get rich?
You not been keeping up with transam's posts recently?
He's invented a new unit of measure, a Gaza ounce.
I'm not sure what it measures. Maybe human suffering, man's cruelty to man, transam's intelligence, transam's contribution to the discussion?
(Maybe the latter two soiuld be 'not an ounce')

BS on brexhit for sure, he had the luxury of not being in power, and prepared two versions of a decision, one remain, one leave, and was driven by self interest and a degree of vengeance.

But being in power meant he was propelled to act reasonably sensibly by the more objective scientific advisers and civil servants. I don't believe the country would have been better prepared under other governments/leaders because emergency planning was never a budget priority. Insufficient hospital beds, ventilators etc was a national problem successive governments had ignored. Our strength as a country was to react well to emergencies but be poor in planning for them

Blup

Spot on, dumb.

Blup

BS on brexhit for sure, he had the luxury of not being in power, and prepared two versions of a decision, one remain, one leave, and was driven by self interest and a degree of vengeance.

But being in power meant he was propelled to act reasonably sensibly by the more objective scientific advisers and civil servants. I don't believe the country would have been better prepared under other governments/leaders because emergency planning was never a budget priority. Insufficient hospital beds, ventilators etc was a national problem successive governments had ignored. Our strength as a country was to react well to emergencies but be poor in planning for them

Blup
Preparation wasn't the question, his ability to take on board data and make sensible decisions is in question. Having said that hlthe team he assembled around him were crap at preparations too.

When you have to talk your prime minister down from injecting himself with COVID on live TV or pushing nose vaccum cleaners as a cure you've got issues.

More porkie pies from noseall ( the shcmuck :ROFLMAO: )

Jeez us I have never read such a dumb post from noseall in a while :giggle:

Edit I have , most if his posts are dumb :giggle:

Preparation wasn't the question, his ability to take on board data and make sensible decisions is in question. Having said that hlthe team he assembled around him were crap at preparations too.

Johnson got rid of all the Tory MPs who did not support him.

He was left with the scrapings of the barrel.

When you have to talk your prime minister down from injecting himself with COVID on live TV or pushing nose vaccum cleaners as a cure you've got issues.
Well he injected himself with brexhit.

People had had enough of experts, the people spoke.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Back