Boris skipped 5 Cobra meetings. Austerity, incompetebce and hubris.

We all know the gov have screwed up. They continue to screw up at the moment and will continue to screw up in the future.
Am not sure any of the other parties would've done better - Jeremy was useless all the way through (and I am a labour voter), the new labour leader is pushing for info to go back to work and using the fact Boris is recovering to have a pop. Why? He should be helping, not swiping - now is simply not the time to try and gain political points.

Sponsored Links
Until the next wave hits, and the next, and the next.....

They'll be in and out of lockdown, like a drunk aunty is, doing the Hokey Cokey, at a family party.
err -you are arguing that another wave coming means early lockdown was not worthwhile

reacting early and keep numbers low means infection spread is low -so the next wave will also be low.

and actually some of those countries that acted faster didnt necessarily go into hard lockdown

We all know the gov have screwed up. They continue to screw up at the moment and will continue to screw up in the future.
Am not sure any of the other parties would've done better - Jeremy was useless all the way through (and I am a labour voter), the new labour leader is pushing for info to go back to work and using the fact Boris is recovering to have a pop. Why? He should be helping, not swiping - now is simply not the time to try and gain political points.

I am not sure what Keir Starmer is doing, banging on about an exit strategy. the reality is that only a vaccine is a permanent exit.

The science is emerging as is the stats -this govt can only guess who or what sectors they can allow to exit lockdown. Whatever they try, there will be mistakes and policies may need to be reversed and or revised....

I dont have a problem with that, what I have a problem with is the government not being transparent -where they have made mistakes just say so and be up front about it -The public would be more supportive.

err -you are arguing that another wave coming means early lockdown was not worthwhile

reacting early and keep numbers low means infection spread is low -so the next wave will also be low.

and actually some of those countries that acted faster didnt necessarily go into hard lockdown

No, I'm arguing that their economies won't be any less screwed.

Sponsored Links
I fully accept your change of circumstances in these Covid times. However you did state back in December last year that you had to get there by a certain time so that you "can get the equivalent of 'settled status' over there before the cut off point..". Could you perhaps share the cut off date with us
I thought everyone knew that the cut off date was 30th June, since they apparently knew what they were voting for.
So six months before the UK jumps off the edge of the cliff at the end of the year!
Enough time to get 6 months residence in order to qualify for healthcare in any EU/EEA country should UK EHIC cease to exist.

Ignoring finances (which would actually be beneficial at this time), healthcare is obviously now the overriding factor.
One could usually take an educated guess as to the normal risks regarding other health issues over a six month period, but this situation is obviously a whole different kettle of fish.

So how about you do us all a favour and concentrate on the topics at hand instead of insisting on continuing your campaign of constant needling!

why?

if you stop the infection faster, exponential growth mean far far fewer people are infected, so in a 2nd wave the start point is lower. repeat

the bigger issue is going to be global economy -the worst hit regions will drag the global economy down.

my feeling is the biggest threat we face is the poorer countries like India -the virus will ravage that country, the it could reinfect other countries

Although none of the other countries have chosen to deliberately damage themselves and cause an economic downturn.

I thought everyone knew that the cut off date was 30th June, since they apparently knew what they were voting for.
So six months before the UK jumps off the edge of the cliff at the end of the year!
Enough time to get 6 months residence in order to qualify for healthcare in any EU/EEA country should UK EHIC cease to exist.
Ok. I had no idea of the rules and regulations regarding settles status for EU countries. So, 30th June it is - unless there's an extension due to Covid of course. I truly wish you and your family every success - it is a big decision. What country is it? Just so others can compare systems/services/political situations etc when you criticise this country.

Although none of the other countries have chosen to deliberately damage themselves and cause an economic downturn.
You'd have to be mad to vote for that. Brexit is looking all the more unappealing by the day.

Actually now is the time to shine the light on the mistakes and errors whilst you might still be able to make a change.

Using your logic then Prof Ferguson was wrong in bringing his model to the Government and exposing their model was wrong. He should have just sat on it till this passes?

Great post thankyou, completely agree now is the time to collectively join as one pick out the leaders in this field and make a task force to deal with the issues, i am sure there is currently plenty of talent in the other parties too that could lend a hand here... like you say instead of just picking holes political point scoring etc. Has to stop.

Actually now is the time to shine the light on the mistakes and errors whilst you might still be able to make a change.

Using your logic then Prof Ferguson was wrong in bringing his model to the Government and exposing their model was wrong. He should have just sat on it till this passes?
I think there are ways of doing it we all know the difference between shining the light on errors and positive steps to assist with BCP/DR (that is part of post DR review you know that ) we are still in the midst of and Emergency we need to pull together keep momentum continuity and take onboard constructive advice.

Sponsored Links
Back