Boris......what a speech...

Sponsored Links
What is it that the left disagree with our prime minister. great speech
In the main, it's our oppositions job to disagree with the government. Depending on your political views, it's unfortunate we currently have a rather weak opposition. The same holds true up here in Scotland.

One thing's for sure, depending on your interpretation of 'levelling up', I suspect a decade from now many will still be thinking 'aye, right!'

Speeches are easy ...

Sponsored Links
One thing's for sure, depending on your interpretation of 'levelling up', I suspect a decade from now many will still be thinking 'aye, right!'

Speeches are easy ...

And it's easy to criticise when in opposition. I have faith

Billed Back Better more like.

Those tory contracts need to be paid.

Boris is a great performer.
He exudes positivity.
People like that.
Starmer always looks worried.
People don't like that.

Boris is a great performer.
He exudes positivity.
People like that.
Starmer always looks worried.
People don't like that.
Agreed. They (Labour) have been in the wilderness for years, lots of (visible) infighting and a new leader that seems devoid of much charisma.

It'll be interesting to see just how long Boris and co can ride this wave ... nothing in politics lasts forever.

One thing I can guarantee, we'll never be truly 'levelled up' ;)

Most people will agree with most of what he says. I had to chuckle though when he talked about how rubbish our internet infrastructure - they've had over a decade to sort it out!

The issue is not what he proposes, as everybody wants more or less the same things (better this, better that), it is how you go about getting it, and whether or not you chose to neglect the poorest people in society to help the richest do better or whether you make a more equal society where everybody can achieve a comfortable standard of living.

And, can we trust him to actually do anything he says, seeing that he has a pretty appalling track record so far. Half the boasting was about our response to covid - yes, didn't we do well! That was really to be expected for a nation as wealthy as ours. But there are still millions of people living in pretty destitute conditions with little hope. Do we continue to ignore them?

It was short on details. But people makde decisions on the description and not the details.

Boosterism without any concrete policy.

Billed Back Better.

Sponsored Links
Back