Boris Johnson conference speech

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I may not agree with elements of the content or the honesty of Johnson, but it is a great speech (currently ongoing).

His delivery is surprisingly relaxed and has been engaging with the audience.

Sponsored Links
I reckon the Tory faithful will buy the monorail.

Mass hysteria has great power.

I suppose it was a 'jam tomorrow' aspirational speech.

Littered with alternative facts of course.

Notably that the EU has held the UK back (it hasnt, done the opposite mostly)
and
that Tory government has cleared the debt (it stands at around £2 trillion).

Has he mentioned windfarms yet?

"Wind farms couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding, says Boris Johnson

Wind farms couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding, Boris Johnson has said, warning the UK is facing a major energy crisis."

wind-farm_2584430b.jpg

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ea...in-off-a-rice-pudding-says-Boris-Johnson.html

"Speaking on his new LBC 97.3 Ask Boris radio show, Mr Johnson said shale gas was the best answer to the problem of Britain's looming energy shortages.

He dismissed the Government's efforts to replace closing coal stations with wind power and nuclear, arguing shale gas offers the best opportunity for a secure supply.

"Labour put in a load of wind farms that failed to pull the skin off a rice pudding," he said. "We now have the opportunity to get shale gas - let's look at it. It is part of the 2020 vision we have for this city - power generation is vital."

Sponsored Links
Yes Boris is a great orator.

Like his reply last week in the commons where he was focused, engaging and not one person on the opposing sides came anywhere near to equalling let alone bettering, he gives an inspiring speech - and anyone who says otherwise, whatever their political or personal views is truly blinkered and in denial to themselves.

He's just what the UK needs.

According to bojo, the UK is on the verge of a nuclear fusion revolution...

What he didn't say of course is that the project is 90% funded by the EU and overseen by Euratom...

Which the UK is to leave when it leaves the EU...

I guess they'll take their money and scientists elsewhere...

Bojo hasn't got a clue :rolleyes:

According to bojo, the UK is on the verge of a nuclear fusion revolution...

What he didn't say of course is that the project is 90% funded by the EU and overseen by Euratom..

So Johnson made a good case for being in the EU (y)

honesty, competence, and a commitment to serve and benefit the country are what we need.

Buffoon fails on all counts.
A light is still a light, even though a blind man cannot see it.

and buffon has no recognition of honesty, competence, and a commitment to serve and benefit the country.

You have been persuaded to believe a con-man.

So Johnson made a good case for being in the EU (y)
Funnily enough the Culham centre's website says that electricity produced by nuclear fusion is still "30-40 years" away...

Some 'on the verge'!

But ignoring the fact that there will be an EU brain drain from the UK after brexit, that estimated timescale is not so far away from smogg's equally fantasy timetable :LOL:

I wonder if Buffoon said "what the people want is...."

What do the people want, Buffoon?

0_Screenshot-2019-10-02-at-125853.png

The money spent on researching nuclear fusion could be used to build and maintain 10,000 new wind turbines.
OK, I made that number up, but still, probably not far off!
Fusion, wouldn't like to be anywhere near a reactor that goes wrong!

Sponsored Links
Back