EU 'will block trade deal' if UK refuses to pay £39bn Brexit bill

Sponsored Links
Their current stance is that we must pay it before they even consider the terms of a trade deal, so agreeing to a trade deal in exchange for a bung (because that is pretty much what it is), seems like progress.
Do you regard a financial agreement that you have agreed to as a 'bung'?

I wonder how your credit rating would fare should you renege on your financial commitments! :rolleyes:

Interesting quote from Nosealls article:

Daniel Vernazza of UniCredit has shown that UK trade with EU partners grew faster after 1973 than it did with the remaining countries in the European Free Trade Association, the grouping to which Britain previously belonged. His work underlines that harmonising regulations — an effort at the heart of the EU endeavour — was often much more effective in boosting trade than was lowering tariffs

Sponsored Links
Do you regard a financial agreement that you have agreed to as a 'bung'?

I wonder how your credit rating would fare should you renege on your financial commitments! :rolleyes:

I would not expect to have any obligation to pay, if I had terminated the agreement in accordance with the termination clause. Would you be willing to pay for broadband after you'd terminated it, because your provider had invested in infrastructure beyond the scope of your contract?

I would not expect to have any obligation to pay, if I had terminated the agreement in accordance with the termination clause. Would you be willing to pay for broadband after you'd terminated it, because your provider had invested in infrastructure beyond the scope of your contract?

you would be willing to pay if you needed further services after leaving.

The simple truth is that the UK does £290b of trade to the EU. A significant part of that will be SMEs -they have a business model that works with frictionless trade. Take that away, what have you got -businesses whose costs and delays go up so much they can no longer compete.

you would be willing to pay if you needed further services after leaving.

Of course - it could be argued a membership fee or simply a levy, bung, fixer fee etc. Its certainly not a fee due, as a result of contract breach or any ongoing contractual obligations. Article 50 releases us from this.

If you were a member of a partnership, and left, would you expect a final account to be calculated and settled?

I would not expect to have any obligation to pay, if I had terminated the agreement in accordance with the termination clause.
Bingo!

The UK is about to terminate an agreement and the payment due is in accordance with the termination clause!

See how easy it is to understand (y)

Only £33b left now

Isn't that about that same as what was needed to finish that HS2 rail link ... coincidence?

Just saw this, so why not post it here too! :)

69115161_1492340264241821_1264776467472973824_n.jpg

You are the one being trecherous, because you insist on being too pig headed to arm yourself with information.
Wrong,i just have optimism for our future post brexit.You are shockingly pessimistic about UK future

Sponsored Links
Back