EU 'will block trade deal' if UK refuses to pay £39bn Brexit bill

Future commitments such as pension payments, budget contributions whilst still a member, and monies owed to access ongoing EU projects or risk exclusion...

Or put it another way...

You buy a house and take out a mortgage...

You decide to sell up and leave early...

Do you get to renege on the amount you agreed to pay?

Of course not!
Shy....e analogy LAL

Sponsored Links
Bingo!

The UK is about to terminate an agreement and the payment due is in accordance with the termination clause!

See how easy it is to understand (y)
Please provide details of the obligation to pay in accordance with the termination clause.

If you were a member of a partnership, and left, would you expect a final account to be calculated and settled?
Along with the dividing up of the profits and assets? Yes if a partnership is dissolved, I'd expect to pay my share of liabilities in exchange for my share of assets.

Along with the dividing up of the profits and assets? Yes if a partnership is dissolved, I'd expect to pay my share of liabilities in exchange for my share of assets.
"The UK may or may not have a claim against EU assets. However, the EU’s assets are less than its liabilities, and therefore are likely only to come into play in the event that the UK is willing to accept responsibility for contributing to the budget post-Brexit. The EU’s assets total €154 billion: the theoretical maximum the UK could claim would be €23.1 billion, using 15% as the relevant ‘share’. This share is likely to be hotly contested by the EU."

Sponsored Links
"The UK may or may not have a claim against EU assets. However, the EU’s assets are less than its liabilities, and therefore are likely only to come into play in the event that the UK is willing to accept responsibility for contributing to the budget post-Brexit. The EU’s assets total €154 billion: the theoretical maximum the UK could claim would be €23.1 billion, using 15% as the relevant ‘share’. This share is likely to be hotly contested by the EU."

Cool, so the EU owe us 23.1 billion less the 9 billion we owe them.

What will the EU do if the UK doesn't pay up.
Send in the Bailiffs perhaps.

What will the EU do if the UK doesn't pay up.
Send in the Bailiffs perhaps.
No...

But the UK's credit rating will probably fall, thus making borrowing more expensive...

And any resulting trade deal will be on worse terms...

This is of course on top of the loss of reputation as a trusted country that fulfills it's obligations!

Do you get why people want to leave now? If this was a business you were investing in, you'd have dumped your stock years ago.

Do you get why people want to leave now? If this was a business you were investing in, you'd have dumped your stock years ago.

Its always best tt dump a club that gives great benefits, far outweighing membership cost.

Or we could leave and go from premier to 3rd division.

No.
Do you think the EU is akin to running a business for profit?
What is the UK's National debt presently?
Do you imagine that UK residents pay taxes to make a profit?

Yes, when they realised Pakistan was not in the EU.
There sure will be many p issed off quitters when they realise that those wonderful trade deals will include freer immigration of people with certain skin colours :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back