Bosch single oven RCD trip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Few days ago we found the clock flashing thought it was a power outage.
Turned oven on yesterday and it tripped the RCD in the consumer unit but did not blow 13A fuse at oven.

Anyone have any idea what has gone wrong?

Sponsored Links
Hi
Model number is HBN 5605 61B 101
flameport if it was just an element would you expect clock and control panel to light up once the RCD had been reset with the oven selector switch in the off position?
Wife states it was like an explosion when she selected the oven to switch on. As stated above the RCD tripped but the fuse did not blow.

Sponsored Links
jj4091
my last post was not too clear. With all the switches off and the RCD reset there is power to the input to the oven but the oven is dead no lights or clock on the display.
Is there an internal fuse or some sort of protection that needs resetting?

jj4091 thank you for your help and good sound advice. I am a 79 year old civil engineer I believe capable who would love to get into it and repair the oven but the wife rightly states "you can't take it with you" so a new oven is on it's way.
Thanks again for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back