Bosch tritech false alarms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosch Tritech PIR (ISC-BDL2-WP12H) in a corridor which keeps false alarming (normally in the dead of night!) and I don't know why.

I have actually replaced the unit with another brand new Bosch unit but it hasn't solved the problem so I guess it's the situation.

The sensor is positioned 2.6m up in the middle of the wall above a door looking down the corridor towards a locked back door (picture enclosed from the perspective of the sensor). Corridor is 8m long x 1.1m wide and has 3 normally closed doors leading to rooms with their own PIR, there are no pets. This is the only sensor out of the 8 we have which false alarms.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_20200616_141333.jpg
    IMG_20200616_141333.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 203
Sponsored Links
If you have changed the detector and are still getting false alarms then they must be a cause.
How often does it false alarm.
I would twist the alarm pair together inside the sensor for a few days,this will prove the cable / control panel.if no false alarms then I would Check room for insects,rodents etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back