Boxing

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
its not my cup of tea.
I know Im going to sound soft and girly..... but I dont like to see someone being hurt and I dont understand the mentality behind it???
trying to hurt someone until they they cant function any more?

my hubby watches it and says its not like that.

Im not being anti boxing... live and let live... I just dont like watching it.

I sound like a boring fart

enjoy watching the lighter weights where the speed skill and power can take your breath away

watching two 18 stone behemoths pushing pulling and leaning on each other for 12 rounds hoping that one of them will land a ko punch does not interest me

when you watch it.. what do you think about?
Im not picking fight (ha ha) Im just interested what you think when you watch it?
do you want the most pain/ injury inflicted on the opponent as possible?
hubby says I dont understand it he is right.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4689304.stm

Khan to face Williams in London
Amir Khan
Khan has looked impressive in his early professional fights
Amir Khan will take on Norwich light welterweight Jackson Williams in his sixth professional fight at London's ExCel on 25 February.

The 19-year-old Olympic silver medallist will fight on the undercard of Danny Williams' heavyweight title clash with Matt Skelton.

Williams, who is a sports science teacher at City College in his home town, has won 12 of his 15 fights.

His latest bout was in December when he beat Tye Williams on points.

Jackson Williams interview

The 24-year-old has previously beaten Daniel Thorpe (twice) and Baz Carey - both of whom Khan has already defeated in his fledging career.

"It is a great opportunity for me and I know I will be a good opponent for Amir Khan," said Williams.

some of the girls at work enjoy the boxing.
But how is it different from watching two men fight on a street?
it is very primitive???
Why do people go into the ring knowing one of them are going to come out hurt?

Toffee

It's a man thing, :LOL: it's all to do with skill the object is to win as quick as poss and not get hit your self.

Fighting on the streets is totaly diff any thing go's head/feet elbows etc..
PS you don't get paid fighting on the street. :LOL:

so how do you win then?

I totally can accept its a man thing...

but what determines the winner

toffee--i think it IS a man thing. I think the last one standing is the winner.
it's boring to me....would rather watch something that I can understand the skill...like log rolling...or lumberjacking....or building sandcastles or buiding monuments out of playing cards....they never show that sort of thing. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back