Brain Doctors.

Norcon
In the Words of Prof Dawkin - Just Look at the Evidence.
Don't just quote silly insupportable writings from thousands of years ago by people who could not have known any better.
If you choose to follow a myth which by supportable evidence would not be a lover of life even if it did exist, then that is your prerogative. I only ask you to look at the evidence.
I have and my conclusions are plain to see.

Sponsored Links
We know sufficient about the Creator from His creation to be “without excuse”.

When the truth is, we know absolutely nothing about this supposedly divine, supreme being. The sum total of our knowledge of him/her is limited to one book , written in antiquity by scribes and pharisees. (who for all we know, could have been high on hallucinogenic drugs at the time)

Prof Richard Dawkins admits that scientists might never work out how life could arise by natural processes.
It's just beyond them and I believe it always will.
Even the simplest single-celled life is stupendously complex. A humble bacterium is full of incredibly sophisticated nano-machines that it needs to live.
A cell needs a minimum of over 400 different proteins to make the machines that are absolutely essential for life.
It just can't create itself. It's impossible.
You can claim the Bible was written by goat herders if you wish. It probably was. But its Gods word at the end of the day imo.

Prof Richard Dawkins admits that scientists might never work out how life could arise by natural processes.
Even the simplest single-celled life is stupendously complex. A humble bacterium is full of incredibly sophisticated nano-machines that it needs to live.
A cell needs a minimum of over 400 different proteins to make the machines that are absolutely essential for life.
You can claim the Bible was written by goat herders if you wish. It probably was. But its Gods word at the end of the day imo.
Shut up you prat :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Oh there we go. No counter argument so the insults start.
I rest my case.

Anyway, we all know this was Joe's intention. Light the fuse and step back to watch the fireworks go off!

You can't have a sensible discussion when people are not only not on the same page, they aren't even speaking the same language.

As I said previously, it's futile.

I'm now going to watch you lot argue your points from afar. Neither side will come any closer to accepting the other's argument. They will use points made by one side to back up their case, and find reasons that good arguments from the other side are wrong.

And no-one will change their mind!

Nice one Joe :p

Intelligent Design anyone?
Erm, no :rolleyes:

We have no idea where technology will take us in the future so we can't say that we will *never* understand something. Knowledge of the brain is still in its infancy and who knows where we will be in fifty, one hundred, five hundred years time?

But even if it does turn out to be that we never understand the workings of the brain, this doesn't, by some freak of nature, lead to a higher being. It might however, mean that evolution is incredibly complex.
Don't forget, assuming we believe evolution to be true, it has had 2.5 billion years to go from single cell organisms to the human brain, the most complex known thing in the universe.

Don't forget evolution has gone down countless dead ends to get to where we are today. Evolution isn't perfect, in fact it is incredibly flawed, and for every mutation which is beneficial, there might be fifty which are detrimental. Luckily natural selection will mean that these flaws are not passed on.

It's a futile argument anyway. Scientific studies and facts will never make religious fundamentalists see sense.

God created evolution. Surely your not so dumb you can't see that?

Anyway, we all know this was Joe's intention. Light the fuse and step back to watch the fireworks go off!

You can't have a sensible discussion when people are not only not on the same page, they aren't even speaking the same language.

As I said previously, it's futile.

So you think evolution created life?
How quaint.

has he not got the right to speak, whithout being offended . or is freedom of speach only to what we like only.

How the F do you know it was your gods word? were you there? did he sign it? was it verified by a third independant party?

If i claimed i was also the son of your god, would you believe me, or i claimed to be the son of Lucifer, would you want verification?

Evolution actually tends to favour simple solutions over complex solutions. Complex solutions are more prone to break which makes them less likely to 'survive'. But every feature of life on earth can be explained by evolution alone - and that same rule will almost certainly apply to any life we find outside of this planet.

If you want to read more about this then look at how the eye evolved.

Then explain how the brain evolved. If a bigger brain is better, the why aren't we walking around with pumpkin sized heads?

has he not got the right to speak, whithout being offended . or is freedom of speach only to what we like only.
Yes, sorry Norcon. You've got every right to your opinion and I shouldn't have said what I said. A week of severe flu and I'm struggling a bit to show my usual restraint

if the eye evolved, then whats the next step,,is it not already perfect. what other features do we need as human, that would improve us.
as i see it , i dont need an extra arm,or eyes , or a bigger toe . so were is the next evolving bit .

Then explain how the brain evolved. If a bigger brain is better, the why aren't we walking around with pumpkin sized heads?
Actually Joe, our brain is by far the largest on the planet as a proportion of the size of the species.
It's a well known fact that a larger body requires a larger brain just to maintain its basic functions. This is why elephants have very large brains. However, ours has a lot of spare capacity for higher function, whereas theirs doesn't.
The size of our heads already cause major problems during birth. We are born too early, and the dangers of human childbirth are still huge when compared with any other species, and it's only the complexity of our brains that allows us to prevent far more childbirth deaths.
Or the fact that the size of a newborn head causes tearing more often than it doesn't. It doesn't happen with other animals.
It is also known that if our newborn brains were any larger, the size of the female pelvic hole would have to be so large it would be impossible to walk upright.
We are the only species that has a childhood, allowing the brain to develop to its adult state, and allowing a huge amount of learning to take place, but also, no other species is helpless for anywhere near as long as the human species.

So does this sound like "intelligent" design to you? To me, if it is "design" it's a pretty poor effort. Much more likely evolution has gone down countless dead ends before starting down the human path. Unfortunately evolution can only work with the tools it is given and for this reason the solutions are always far from perfect.

Sponsored Links
Back