Brand new chainsaw won't run

If you have used a tank of fuel trying to start a chain saw then the carburettor is stuffed - or you have full choke on permanently - even if you think it's off.

Sponsored Links
Hells bells thats a new one.....a full tank? :eek:
Somehow the fuel tank is being pressurised to get through that amount of juice......thats either due to the fuel pipes being crossed or a seriously goosed carb. Back it goes!
John :)

Hi everyone. Forgot to update this thread on Monday night. Lol. Took the chainsaw back on Monday morning to the shop I bought it from. There mechanics couldn't get it running either so I got a brand new one and I'm happy to say it runs. Lol.

Many thanks to all who offered advice. Much appreciated

cheers Darryl

Sponsored Links
Nice one Darryl - just go canny with these things.....when I'm finished with mine, I generally get down on one knee and give thanks :p
P.S I've got a Stihl 085 in for repair at the moment, complete with a 30" bar.
Jeez :eek:
J.

Nice one Darryl - just go canny with these things.....when I'm finished with mine, I generally get down on one knee and give thanks :p
P.S I've got a Stihl 085 in for repair at the moment, complete with a 30" bar.
Jeez :eek:
J.

30'' bar, thats huge. They guy in Mcnultys was wetting my appetite with a 30'' bared huskvarna chainsaw at nearly £800 lol. Bit of overkill if I had went for that. Lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back