Bread Pudding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When adding a couple of new rads to my central heating system I encountered steady drips of water from the existing pipes where I had cut them to connect up.

I took advice from a friend that you can stop this by blocking the pipe with bread which holds back the water whilst you solder but the dissolves shortly after.

Now only half of my rads get hot, presumably because the flow pipe is blocked with bread.

What can I do?

Sponsored Links
Pour a nice tin of soup in :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: This bread trick only works on the cold mains where it can be flushed out of the tap. You might need to flush now.

You could try temporarily turning off all the hot rads (and hot water, if applicable) to increase the flow/pressure at the cold ones a bit to get things moving. You may be lucky...... and end up as warm as toast :LOL:

was it white bread, or wholegrain?

If it was wholegrain, the grains may have been just too much for it to handle!

Sponsored Links
You could try temporarily turning off all the hot rads (and hot water, if applicable) to increase the flow/pressure at the cold ones a bit to get things moving. You may be lucky...... and end up as warm as toast

now thats using your loaf

:arrow: Oh dear

:idea: If this has thermostatic valves you'll probably find some of the goo left behind wedged in the valve seating of the thermostat.

esra_ptrap said:
Now the OP has a CH system with "nowt taken out"

empty the contents of your rads into a bowl, and pour it on the garden. In the morning you will have birds pecking at your sludge, and they will probably be starlings. There are loads of them about, so a 'mini kull' will benefit you and your system both.

Failing that, melt butter and pour it in your header tank. The hot rads will make a bread n butter pudding. Omit the raisins, they may cause a blockage. (they clear my blockages though)

David

arr well bed time. work in the morning. someones got to get up and earn a crust. :p

Hav it,

the Plumb centre part number for bread that is compatable with your poorly vikera is 123456

They like a french stick apparently

lol just when all is lost. Yeah might have to get to work early to get more dough or ask for a rise to pay for my VOKERA

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back