BREAKING NEWS-HARRY REDKNAPP CLEARED OF TAX EVASION

Sponsored Links
Bit off topic but why sack Terry all these months later? Shouldn't he have either gone straight away - or not at all?

Bit off topic but why sack Terry all these months later? Shouldn't he have either gone straight away - or not at all?
He hasn't been sacked, merely relieved of certain duties. He should have been suspended at the time though.

Hmm suspended on full pay though.
Chelsea need him on pitch to pay his wages :D

Sponsored Links
Hmm suspended on full pay though.
Chelsea need him on pitch to pay his wages :D
In the eyes of the law that's no excuse. The whole episode has been botched from start to finish. I have no idea who the FA contract their HR/Employment Law issues to but I hope they're not paying for the advice.

I've just seen a dog in the bookies putting £150k on Redknapp to be the next England manager.

Back to the OP.

The prosecution in the case had alleged that the two men had evaded tax on payments totalling £189,000. HMRC spend £8,000,000 trying to prove that two blokes who have paid 10s of millions of pounds in Income Tax, tried to evade paying income tax on £189,000! Does it sound like reasonable grounds for prosecution? Not to me it doesn't. It certainly sounds like a gross misuse of public money.

The worrying bit was the comments from the tool at HMRC who brought the case to trial.

Bit of a law unto himself and someone who sounds like he bears a grudge.

i noticed that.the case cost more than the money hmrc was asking for,yet they lost the case,who payed for the court case,the tax payer.

iat the end of the day the average hard working person pays full taxes and those with loads of dosh dont pay what they should.

how much they may have paid is irrelevant

Well, If I had £189,000, in a foreign bank account (in my dog's name) Would the HMRC be suspicious? You bet your last dollar they would (and rightly so) Why should people who pay (supposedly) millions in tax, be exempt from the same laws you and I have to strictly adhere to? (and get away with it because they "Simply forgot" all about that account???)

its amazing what people forget

Peter Mandleson forgot someone loaned him £350k once ...............funny that the same bloke got an honour a bit later as well eh!

its amazing what people forget

Peter Mandleson forgot someone loaned him £350k once ...............funny that the same bloke got an honour a bit later as well eh!

Ahh, slightly more than an honour Spacecat. He got a bloody Lordship.
(after being thrown out TWICE)
Guaranteed income for life. (at least he won't be passing the Lordship on to his son)
Sleazy lying b******d

As a Geordie, I'd like to see Martin O'Neil get the England job. :evil:

martin o'neil isnt a geordie
I'm a Geordie. Martin O'Neil is the manager of Sunderland Football Club and is doing a very good job of it. Sunderland are local rivals to Geordie football club Newcastle United. Therefore I, being a Geordie, would like to see Sunderland lose O'Neil and England gain an excellent manager.

Humour seems to get lost when you have to explain it.

Sponsored Links
Back