Brexit - a reality check!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well it's all going as predicted isn't it...

I believe brexiteers called it erroneously 'project fear' :rolleyes:

"Chronic labour shortages in the food and farming sector could see food prices continue to rise, MPs said today.

Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee report suggests Government must change visa system

The Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee report - devised by six Tory and four Labour MPs along with an SNP colleague - said as of August last year the sector had 'potentially in excess of 500,000 job vacancies'."

Now who is the head of that committee?

"This morning, the chair of the the committee said he was 'hopeful' the Home Office was listening to concerns. Speaking on BBC Radio 4's Today programme, Neil Parish said: 'I am hopeful that the Home Office is listening but they must listen and do something about it rather than just leave it and it'll sort itself out, because it won't.' "

Could this be the same Neil Parrish who...

"Almost always voted for stronger enforcement of immigration rules"

In order to 'get brexit done' :LOL:

Sponsored Links
"Chronic labour shortages" , How is this even possible ?
There are loads of job seekers / on the dole people in the UK .
Surely they could have these jobs in the food farming sector and contribute to the system with their much needed taxes !

Well it's all going as predicted isn't it...

I believe brexiteers called it erroneously 'project fear' :rolleyes:

"Chronic labour shortages in the food and farming sector could see food prices continue to rise, MPs said today.

Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee report suggests Government must change visa system

The Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee report - devised by six Tory and four Labour MPs along with an SNP colleague - said as of August last year the sector had 'potentially in excess of 500,000 job vacancies'."

Now who is the head of that committee?

"This morning, the chair of the the committee said he was 'hopeful' the Home Office was listening to concerns. Speaking on BBC Radio 4's Today programme, Neil Parish said: 'I am hopeful that the Home Office is listening but they must listen and do something about it rather than just leave it and it'll sort itself out, because it won't.' "

Could this be the same Neil Parrish who...

"Almost always voted for stronger enforcement of immigration rules"

In order to 'get brexit done' :LOL:
Instead of cutting and pasting what you have only read about, how about telling us YOUR real-life experiences of food that you can't get or have gone up BECAUSE of Brexit and not covid or other non-Brexit general inflation rises or caused by WORLD shortages?

Last edited:
Hotels and bars in the Balearics are having to put off re opening due to shortages of food and drink and also building materials for refurbs must be down to spexit oh hang on

Sponsored Links
Priti has immigration all weighed up, bless her. As like Nadine Dorres - utterly fekking useless. Great parties though.(y)

Hotels and bars in the Balearics are having to put off re opening due to shortages of food and drink and also building materials for refurbs must be down to spexit oh hang on
It’s not surprising fools who fell for anti vax nonsense also fell for Brexit lies.

It’s not surprising fools who fell for anti vax nonsense also fell for Brexit lies.
i see you are losing the brain cells at an ever increasing rate remind us did you vote remain or leave ?

Blimey tis a s***e time

starvation

Hyperthermia

covid

and the possibility of being wiped out in a nuclear war

Jeez us :eek:

At least the UK managed to rid itself of hard working Europeans. Hip hip...
Don't you mean hard working poorly paid and poorly treated Europeans? Surely if they are hard working and were paid accordingly, they'd have no problem coming back over?

Cracked record!

I see you're the kind of guy who could never admit making a mistake for fear of losing face...
least he knows were to come to get his ass cleaned during the next toilet paper shortage

Sponsored Links
Back