Bricks wider than blocks question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi lads

So bricks are slightly wider than breeze blocks, why is this? I am assuming the slight overlap goes on the inside keeping brick and block flush on the exterior?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I think metric bricks are 102.5mm wide so when used in stretcher formation they are half a brick when allowing for pug.

Probably adopted from 4" imperial which is about the same size.

I just checked and the bricks are 100mm and blocks are 96mm not 100mm?
I thought all breeze were 100mm thick.

So for the slight overlap does this go on inside keeping exterior flush to blocks?

Sponsored Links
Just build outside flush,your tape measure could have a bit of play in it, but quite common to have small variations in size.

I just checked and the bricks are 100mm and blocks are 96mm not 100mm?
I thought all breeze were 100mm thick.

So for the slight overlap does this go on inside keeping exterior flush to blocks?
Get a new tape

Agree - partly. Bricks have never been 100mm wide.

Have you measured a block lately Woods? Manu's started sneaking the size down (from a full 100mm) a few years back.
Really? I'll need to check. Or could it be the tape manufacturers? :cautious:

Manu's started sneaking the size down (from a full 100mm) a few years back.

they mustve got the idea from food manufacturers. bl@@dy Thnortons millionaires squares are now the size of a tunes cough sweet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back