Brickwork in the rain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will be replacing two external bricks this weekend to fill in an old tumble dryer vent and it will likely to be raining. Although the job will be fairly quick would it be a good idea to cover the new bricks once they and the mortar have been inserted? Any other things I need to be aware of?

Sponsored Links
Unless there is rain heavy enough to wash out the pointing I wouldn't worry I would only normally cover if danger of frost.

Sponsored Links
To add a bit of context I have attached a picture of the hole in the wall I wish to brick up and any advice on best approach would be much appreciated.
20181128_204245.jpg

To add a bit of context I have attached a picture of the hole in the wall I wish to brick up and any advice on best approach would be much appreciated.
View attachment 153398
It will depend on what tools you have access to but a combination of disc cutter for horizontal joints, series of drill holes or I mostly use a mortar chisel-on an sds drill, not a armeg mortar rake as they are too thick to go the depth of the brick without binding.

https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p3...MIo6ymp4L63gIVB0TTCh1JGQJeEAQYASABEgJwOfD_BwE

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back