British Gas supply house electricty via 13A PLUG!

Sponsored Links
Not surprising given some of the electrical work I've seen gas fitters do!

Sponsored Links
At least it's a standard plug, not like the weird inverted one that Euronics use...

euronics-mr-plug.jpg

I thought this when I saw the advert. How are they metering this supply?

How are they metering this supply?

No need - its a special energy saving supply where your whole house can only use 13 amps maximum.
If you overload it, you have to pay them £5000 to replace the fuse.
Its installed backwards on purpose to discourage people tampering with the live plug. :LOL:

No need - its a special energy saving supply where your whole house can only use 13 amps maximum.
If you overload it, you have to pay them £5000 to replace the fuse.
Has British Gas been bought by EDF, then?

I've currently got a lawsuit against BG because I saw that advert and wired a small wind turbine the same way shown, for use in my caravan and promptly recieved a shock when trying to plug it in... ;)

No, you've got it all wrong. The dodgy gas man is using the electricity in the house to power up his windmills. That's why he's using a plug rather than a trailing socket.

Unfortunately, the wiring in the house has been done by an attractive brunette and it has caught fire - as you can see in the video.

:D

I have seen it done. House power failed when workmen caused fault it road and neighbour replace socket on extension lead with plug to give them lights and freezer until fixed. Very lucky nothing went wrong. One house on Yellow other on Red phase. Plus live pins on plug.

And adverts like that do make people do daft tricks.

I've seen it done too. On this occasion, a generator with a male plug was plugged into the downstairs ring.

I definatly don't have a generator and widow maker combo in my own home.

I've currently got a lawsuit against BG because I saw that advert and wired a small wind turbine the same way shown, for use in my caravan and promptly recieved a shock when trying to plug it in... ;)

Didn't you read the instructions - you're only supposed to plug it in or unplug it when the wind is not blowing ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back