British Jobs for British People

• Thread starter Lincsbodger
  • Start date
Wow where to start, firstly, no-one in their right mind, would hire anyone for a job if they were crap at it, no matter how cheap it was. If they are doing that, then the employer would lose business..if in a public service, he should lose his job.
The word "Banker" springs to mind

Sponsored Links
Are you saying that we should throw all the borders open then? If not why not? Does it really matter where you were born? (Not according to you it doesn't).

In an ideal world, yes. However the WHOLE world is pretty big...they literally wouldn't fit.

...however if, we COULD fit the billions from Africa/asia/south America ( which have a much bigger gap in living conditions that the EU countires so therefore would want to move to GB much more) I would have no problem with them competing on a level playing field for jobs.

....remember, it hasn't even been 100 years since we had NO rules stopping ANYONE coming to this country to work, none whatsoever... our country survived like this since ...well forever, let's not think immigration is anything new.

So you agree that wholesale immigration is a bad thing yes? So we decide who comes and who doesn't come according to their race and where they were born yes? So in reality you agree that you are really talking idealistic twaddle. Immigration control is as racist as you like. "Can I come and live in your country?"

"No you are the wrong race, we don't want your type here".

Are you saying that we should throw all the borders open then? If not why not? Does it really matter where you were born? (Not according to you it doesn't).

My thoughts exactly.

...remember, it hasn't even been 100 years since we had NO rules stopping ANYONE coming to this country to work, none whatsoever... our country survived like this since ...well forever, let's not think immigration is anything new.

So you will quite happily go along with mass immigration regardless of it's impact. When you wake up one morning to find you're the ethnic minority living in some stinking hell hole will you still think the same.

In an ideal world, yes. However the WHOLE world is pretty big...they literally wouldn't fit.

...however if, we COULD fit the billions from Africa/asia/south America ( which have a much bigger gap in living conditions that the EU countires so therefore would want to move to GB much more) I would have no problem with them competing on a level playing field for jobs.

....remember, it hasn't even been 100 years since we had NO rules stopping ANYONE coming to this country to work, none whatsoever... our country survived like this since ...well forever, let's not think immigration is anything new.

So you agree that wholesale immigration is a bad thing yes? So we decide who comes and who doesn't come according to their race and where they were born yes? So in reality you agree that you are really talking idealistic twaddle. Immigration control is as racist as you like. "Can I come and live in your country?"

"No you are the wrong race, we don't want your type here".

I believe that immigration needs to be controlled, yes. We can't expect people who live in mud huts and have to walk 3 miles to a water supply if given the option will not flock to the country, overwhelming our infrastructure, public services etc..but we are not talking about that are we, we are talking about the EU..whose countries are much closer to our standard of living than all that.

I do find it weird that you pose your comments as questions, and then answer them yourself...incorrectly i might add, and then use the incorrect answers to show that I have a flawed point.
If you can't be bothered to wait for an answer, don't ask the question.

Anyway, this has NOTHING to do with deciding whether people come to the country or not. Anyone in the EU is allowed. Fact. End of.
What we are discussing here is whether the government should enshrine in law that one legal resident of GB should be discriminated against over another legal resident of GB.

I don't think that should happen, anyone spouting crap like "British jobs for British people" does.

We can talk about immigration if you like, but it is a whole different debate.

Sponsored Links
Wow where to start, firstly, no-one in their right mind, would hire anyone for a job if they were crap at it, no matter how cheap it was. If they are doing that, then the employer would lose business..if in a public service, he should lose his job.
The word "Banker" springs to mind
....have you ever stopped to wonder WHY?

I mean honestly, are you so detached from reality that you think anyone would get paid for doing nothing??

The number one rule of capitalism is that you get as much for your money as you can and you spend as less as you possibly can.

You guys realise your talking nonsense right?
You seem to be implying there is a conflict between these 2 statements when their obviously isn't

1) I don't think it is right that you should force employers to give jobs to British people over other LEGAL residents of this country

2) It would be wrong to open up the borders to countries that have such a low standard of life that most would have a better life living on our streets then in their home country as this would cripple our infrastructure

I would not want either of the senarios in the statements to happen but luckily as they are not connected we can have every legal resident having the same chance at getting a job as everyone else WITHOUT having to open our borders all together.

We can't open our borders for the reasons I stated in my original reply to this off topic line of reasoning.

1) I don't think it is right that you should force employers to give jobs to British people over other LEGAL residents of this country

You hit the nail on the head - the word LEGAL How many foreign nationals have entered our country illegally?

2) It would be wrong to open up the borders to countries that have such a low standard of life that most would have a better life living on our streets then in their home country as this would cripple our infrastructure

Can our country take anymore of these people? We need to look after our own first, then everyone else comes second.

I would not want either of the senarios in the statements to happen but luckily as they are not connected we can have every legal resident having the same chance at getting a job as everyone else WITHOUT having to open our borders all together.

It would help if some of the lazy indigenous population get off their fat ar$es and started looking for a job, but then, if they are getting more off the rock and roll, who can we apportion the blame to?

This and future Governments must ensure that living on the dole is not an option. How that is achieved I'm afraid I wouldn't like to answer, but the main criteria is, change the laws on immigration, be like Australia and fook them right off ;)

We can't open our borders for the reasons I stated in my original reply to this off topic line of reasoning.[/quote]

You guys realise your talking nonsense right?
You seem to be implying there is a conflict between these 2 statements when their obviously isn't

We can't open our borders for the reasons I stated in my original reply to this off topic line of reasoning.

What about when the 75 million Turks are part of the EU? They are mostly poor and uneducated. Are you happy to see them come over here, pop out 10 kids and live on benefits? Well are you?

What about when the 75 million Turks are part of the EU? They are mostly poor and uneducated. Are you happy to see them come over here, pop out 10 kids and live on benefits? Well are you?

Perhaps another reason to shut the door on the European Community experiment sooner rather than later.

Are you sure that Turkey is in the E.U ????? I am afraid that coming out of the E.U is now not an option , the Swiss are not in the E.U BUT they have to play by E.U rule's even if they do not like it >

How many British national's work abroad or imigrated ??? British job's for british worker's , is in principle a good thing , but how many on here actually purchase made in britain good's , thus safeguarding british job's ?? , we are never responsible anything , blame some one else , not my fault ????? ect ect

Perhaps another reason to shut the door on the European Community experiment sooner rather than later.

I think you both know it is not as easy for immigrants to claim benefits as you are suggesting, that said why the hell are you bringing this up in thread called 'british jobs for british people'?! You are not talking about whether British people should get jobs over other legal residents, you are talking about immigration.

As I have said, I am willing to debate immigration with you if you want but it is completely different to this thread.

They only have to work here for 12 months. Is that really that difficult? You simply don't want to grasp the nettle.

So are you happy that 75 million Turks will soon be able to settle here? well?

They only have to work here for 12 months. Is that really that difficult? You simply don't want to grasp the nettle.

...there is a little more to it then that I believe, but anyway I will repeat for the 3rd or 4th time, what has this got to do with "British jobs for British people"??

I mean at first your ****ed that they are working, now your ****ed because they aren't...I mean honestly, can you stay on one line of thought without contradicting yourself?

I think you both know it is not as easy for immigrants to claim benefits as you are suggesting, that said why the hell are you bringing this up in thread called 'british jobs for british people'?! You are not talking about whether British people should get jobs over other legal residents, you are talking about immigration.

As I have said, I am willing to debate immigration with you if you want but it is completely different to this thread.

Yeah you're right we should keep the thread on track just as you ALWAYS do :rolleyes:[/b]

Sponsored Links
Back