British Jobs for British People

• Thread starter Lincsbodger
  • Start date
What strikes me (apart from er indoors) is the total lack of credibility the govt have afforded the British worker. New Labour have encouraged mass immigration into this country as part of a vast social engineering experiment. Having given no thought as to what was going to happen to the job market.
Now, if we speak up against immigrants and immigration, we are labelled petty, small minded, racists. All the time the British worker is losing out.
Ask yourself this,, How many times do you see adverts for jobs with the statement " Asians, Eastern Europeans etc etc, are under-represented on our workforce. Therefore applications from minorities are encouraged" ???
Yep, another piece of legislation passed by New Labour to supposedly encourage social integration.
Nowadays it's not the best person for the job that gets the job.
I reckon if I were a homosexual, single parent, disabled person and from an ethnic minority, I'd probably get the Chief Executive's job in my local council. Sod the fact that I'm not qualified to do the job.

Sponsored Links
What strikes me (apart from er indoors) is the total lack of credibility the govt have afforded the British worker. New Labour have encouraged mass immigration into this country as part of a vast social engineering experiment. Having given no thought as to what was going to happen to the job market.
Now, if we speak up against immigrants and immigration, we are labelled petty, small minded, racists. All the time the British worker is losing out.
Ask yourself this,, How many times do you see adverts for jobs with the statement " Asians, Eastern Europeans etc etc, are under-represented on our workforce. Therefore applications from minorities are encouraged" ???
Yep, another piece of legislation passed by New Labour to supposedly encourage social integration.
I reckon if I were a homosexual, single parent, disabled person and from an ethnic minority, I'd probably get the Chief Executive's job in my local council. s** the fact that I'm not qualified to do the job.

damn right, hear hear.

If its racist to complain that foreigners have taken most of the 1.67 million new jobs created in the last 14 years, and that unemployment is up in the indigenous populace, which is why we have millions of unemployed 16-25 years old, that guess what, though ****, im racist, and i dont give a **** if you think that. I put my family, my city, my country FIRST, and foreigners come last as far as im concerned.

Time we closed the borders, threw out all the illegal immigrants (and screw there 'human rights', in omly bother about the human rights of the people born here), placed a limit on immigrants from the EU. (like 10,000 a year then the borders close), and we STOPPED paying dole money and benefits to any migrants who hasn't contributed in tax and NI for two years first.

And if that breaks EU rules, then its time to dump the EU as well, we dont need them either.

I would not necesarily disagree with these comment's , but !!! how many drive foreign made car's , & purchase other good's that are made oversea's ??? when they could have purchased made in Britain good's ???
We all want a bargain do we care were it is made ??? what is the cost to british worker's ?????????????

And if that breaks EU rules, then its time to dump the EU as well, we dont need them either.
I suspect they need our money more than what we get back so it's not going to happen anytime soon. :cry:

Sponsored Links
I reckon if I were a homosexual, single parent, disabled person and from an ethnic minority, I'd probably get the Chief Executive's job in my local council. s** the fact that I'm not qualified to do the job.

damn right, hear hear.

If its racist to complain that foreigners have taken most of the 1.67 million new jobs created in the last 14 years, and that unemployment is up in the indigenous populace, which is why we have millions of unemployed 16-25 years old, that guess what, though s**t, im racist, and i dont give a **** if you think that. I put my family, my city, my country FIRST, and foreigners come last as far as im concerned.

Time we closed the borders, threw out all the illegal immigrants (and screw there 'human rights', in omly bother about the human rights of the people born here), placed a limit on immigrants from the EU. (like 10,000 a year then the borders close), and we STOPPED paying dole money and benefits to any migrants who hasn't contributed in tax and NI for two years first.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/apr/10/foreigners-immigration-jobs-ons[/quote]

Make sure you read this bit too

Duballiland Duballiland

10 Apr 2010, 1:19PM

Foreigners have not 'taken' new jobs

A proper examination of ONS figures shows that despite an increase in immigration 1.2 million more Britons have jobs

Here are the facts from the Spectator:

Phil Woolas has just been confronted on Daily Politics about immigration figures which we uncovered on Coffee House yesterday, showing 99 percent of new jobs since 1997 are accounted for by immigration. His response is (unintentionally) hilarious. He is immigration minister, yet appears not to know what immigration figures mean. Here's the transcript:

Phil Woolas: I think that the Spectator's analysis, perhaps not surprisingly, is confusing two completely separate things

Andrew Neil: These are Office of National Statistics figures.which we checked this morning. Do you accept that there are 1.7 million new jobs for people of working age between 16 and 64, correct?

PW: Yes

AN: And according to the Labour Force Survey, compiled by the Office of National Statistics. 1.67 million jobs went to foreign born workers

PW: That's not what they say. What they say is there have been 1.67million immigrant workers - immigrant workers are temporary workers - so what you're doing is conflating temporary workers, the total over 13 years, with permanent workers, and because it's similar to the new jobs created, you are taking a false logical step. This is an old trick that has been played in every election since 1964. And what it is saying is that the number of temporary immigrant workers is the same as the total number of new jobs. That is logically not true. It cannot be arithmetically true. It's like saying that 50,000 people go to watch Arsenal every match, there have been ten matches; therefore 500,000 people have been. In fact, it may be that the same 50,000 people have. And that is the statistical trick that is being pulled on you.'

This, CoffeeHousers, is why I don't believe in the David Neather conspiracy theories. These boys are without a clue. Woolas is not feigning ignorance - he genuinely has no idea about the Labour Force Survey, which is the single most reliable measure of immigration in Britain. So let me enlighten him.

The LFS is a quarterly census, conducted every three months. The definition of "foreign born" is not a Tory trick: it is the standard measure used across all EU member states. It's a simple headcount. There is no double-counting, or whatever else the minister may imagine. "Most immigrants are temporary. they've left and gone already" he chirped. Well, then, they wouldn't be counted in the LFS survey if they've gone. Or to put it in Woolas-friendly terms, the LFS only counts the people actually IN the Arsenal stadium. Next, there is no distinction between temporary or permanent. It's just people who are "employed". And it just so happens that 13 percent of those employed in Britain now were born overseas. I have no idea what he is on about here.

The ONS does not release the figures, but it does provide them to journalists on request. This is why I put in a request, and have made the raw data public (it's here and here , as pdfs).

I'd like to finish with five small points about the ONS Labour Force Survey:

1. It's conducted at the behest of the European Council. Brown doubtless hates the fact that these figures exist, and no government department publishes then or uses them. They're not too keen on people finding out about the extent of immigration. But under EU law, the ONS has to collate the information - and provide it to journalists on request.

2. The definition of "foreign-born" angers some people (The Times ran a furious leader denouncing it) but its ire should be directed at Eurostat. They set the definitions, which are standardised in the Labour Force Survey conducted in every EU country.

3. The Statistics Commission released a very helpful note (which I'd commend to Phil Woolas) here.

4. All I did was take the methodology from the above Statistics Commission briefing document, and asked the ONS to update it for me. Very kindly, they did.

5. I often rail against the EU and its regulations. But, in this case, had it not been for supranational authority, Brown would probably succeed in not collating any information on how many of his 2.5 million "new jobs" are going to immigrants. The EU has in this case acted as a bulwark against a government that has no desire to clarify the statistics about immigration. Even internally, these figures are not passed on. The government machine pretends they don't exist. So as I say, I don't think Woolas was bluffing. He is genuinely clueless. And that's far more worrying.

A rival version of this study has been posted by two TUC officials, looking at nationality rather than country of birth. This sharply reduces the percentage - because many immigrants hold UK passports.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/5898483/woolas-on-the-rack.thtml

The e-mail address is good too :
DILLIGAF Kevin ' Bloody ' Wilson song Do I Look Like I Give A F**k

Another gobbet of naivety from the High priest of of the anti-english.

There plenty of employers who will take on the cheapest labour, despite them be crap at the job, the classic example was hospitals started subcontracting the cleaning to cleaning companies. They just employed the cheapest possible workers they could, and 80% of those were migrants workers. What happened? Hospital cleanliness went down the toilet and MRSA became king of th wards.

As for the minimum wage, the ONS estimates theres up to 800,000 illegal immigrants working in the black economy, for well below minimum wage, and you can bet those jobs were once done for more money by british workers.

But then we all know you dont give a s**t about england, and would quite happily watch the entire country go down the tubes. If you dont like this country, why do you live here?

Wow where to start, firstly, no-one in their right mind, would hire anyone for a job if they were crap at it, no matter how cheap it was. If they are doing that, then the employer would lose business..if in a public service, he should lose his job.

Secondly, I do not condone and never have condoned ILLEGAL workers. There are laws against it too. This is not what we are discussing. We are discussing you thinking it is right to force employers to hire people over OTHER people, just because of the place the first group happened to be born.

Third, YOU'RE the one complaining about the country, it's government, it's laws and it's police...maybe YOU should think about leaving.
I am defending the LEGAL stance of this country to be allowed to NOT be xenophobic.

As was once said in a terrible Mel Gibson film, 'Your sense of freedom is as pale as your skin'.

Are you saying that we should throw all the borders open then? If not why not? Does it really matter where you were born? (Not according to you it doesn't).

Are you saying that we should throw all the borders open then? If not why not? Does it really matter where you were born? (Not according to you it doesn't).

In an ideal world, yes. However the WHOLE world is pretty big...they literally wouldn't fit.

...however if, we COULD fit the billions from Africa/asia/south America ( which have a much bigger gap in living conditions that the EU countires so therefore would want to move to GB much more) I would have no problem with them competing on a level playing field for jobs.

....remember, it hasn't even been 100 years since we had NO rules stopping ANYONE coming to this country to work, none whatsoever... our country survived like this since ...well forever, let's not think immigration is anything new.

Sponsored Links
Back