BRITONY COMBI 100 Expansion Vessel problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help, The pressure gauge on my Britony combi rises from 0.5 bar to 3 bar in under 30 minutes when the central heating is on, at this point the pressure relief valve kicks in. Is the expansion vessel faulty, or maybe need repressurising. Can I do this myself and if so How? Thanks for any help offered. Prince.

Sponsored Links
should have a shrader type valve on it (at the top)

drain the boiler and check the pressure should be around 1 bar

if not pump it up with a bike pump

refill

water press should be approx 1.2 cold

or even in the extreme try a search its been done today :eek: :eek: :eek:

What odds will you give me it's the flexy pipe to the pressure vessel that's blocked Kev?

Sponsored Links
ps dont forget to discharge air from ex vessel before removing blocked pipe or you will get wet even with system pressure drained.

Thanks for advice everyone. I will try suggestions today and report back.

corgigazza said:
ps dont forget to discharge air from ex vessel before removing blocked pipe or you will get wet even with system pressure drained.

ive done that before as well makes a right mess (on a baxi Genesis of course but same boiler) we learn from our mistakes :oops: why did they make the flexi pipe so thin beats me :confused:

So that smart arses can suggest that it might be blocked and perplex Kev
cheeky-smiley-013.gif

Thanks for help. The Expansion vessel had no pressure. However having corrected this the problem did not go away. The reason being A BLOCKED FLEXI PIPE TO EXPANSION VESSEL!!.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back