"Brits begin exodus from France"

It's more than financial, surely. There's the language, the culture, the French for gods sake. :eek:

Who can blame them for coming back ?

It's nice for a holiday, maybe, but I wouldn't want to live there.

Sponsored Links
Sidney Wynn-Simmonds, 73, another British resident of Eymet, said: “We don’t have aperitifs, only from time to time.”
:rolleyes: NO Aperitifs! FFS these people don't live in the real world never mind France!!!

NO Aperitifs, she means thay can't afford new teef.

Learn french before you go off on one, jeez.

It won't be just France that people on a fixed UK income will be baling out on, there is a very high Brit community in Spain.

As for condemning these people for wanting to return (jefoss) why can't they come back. Why should it be a one way ticket.

I would rather we stopped the hordes of economic migrants from wherever coming into the UK (especially in this economic climate).

The mention of Marks and Spencer seems to have enraged a few, I saw it as an indicator of using the poor exchange rate to their advantage with these products now being some 30% cheaper. The ferries are full of French people who are coming to the UK to spend their euros.

I haven't read or heard of any Brits coming back from Europe trying to claim a free house :rolleyes: Is this a case of making up facts to support an argument (shades of the Daily Mail).

Sponsored Links
I can understand them coming back home, what with 1/2 pint of heineken/stella priced €4.3 = nearly £4 :eek: poor things..

and itwas minus 2 c on 13th dec >>could'nt wait to get home for a decent cup of tea as well lol.

A coat, wife tried on over there in Lille was £495.00. She got the same thing back here at john lewis for £145.00. Still not sure if I should be happy there or what :confused:

Back