Why bother working?

We are a socially conscious country, which makes us one of the best. Occasionally we have to bite the bullet for the greater good of being part of a caring society.

and thats great, I support it, but there are limits.

The distinction must be that the system isn't there to cater for people who can't be bothered to contribute. They are whats known as dead weight. They must be incentivised to work, possibly through work schemes, and any determined not to play their part has to accept a lower standard of living ie dormitories, communal bathroom facilities, canteen food and precious little else. If you have nothing to offer you should be grateful someone's willing to provide that much to keep you out the gutter. Anyone willing to play a role in helping to run such a scheme will of course be upgraded ie private quarters and a small allowance and so will learn how life works.

the great social experiment of making sure everyone has a council flat and a DVD player and whatever else is needed for the basic "standard of living" hasn't worked. Perhaps we should try something else, perhaps we should stop making those who do contribute pay so much to support parasites.

Sponsored Links
new policy needed :) work or want ;) easy dont work keep wanting but you wont get :LOL:

The timesonline has not published the full story, here.

Thats true; as the lady in question states; I wish I could get a job like others, but if I do I wont be able to afford to live inthis £2million pad. :LOL: :LOL: Thats why I agree ith the staTement WHY BOTHER WORKING....

Were doing supermans job here.... Dont give ****e for oap's writhing in agony waiting for hip ops... etc etc....

Thats true; as the lady in question states, "I wish I could get a job like others, but if I do I wont be able to afford to live in this £2million pad."
Well, thats where she is not telling the whole truth. If she got a job, her housing benefit would be trimmed to account for her income. It would not be completely removed. She would still be able to live in that flat, but she would be contributing to the rent. The fault within the system here is not the policy, but with the staff of the local Job Centre who are clearly not properly encouraging her to get a job.

Sponsored Links
Thats true; as the lady in question states, "I wish I could get a job like others, but if I do I wont be able to afford to live in this £2million pad."
Well, thats where she is not telling the whole truth. If she got a job, her housing benefit would be trimmed to account for her income. It would not be completely removed. She would still be able to live in that flat, but she would be contributing to the rent. I don't blame her I'm just jealous.. .

Yeah I agree. But like all the others on the 'suck' if she got a job she would find when she finished paying her dues she would be better off staying in bed.
The fault within the system here is not the policy, but with the staff of the local Job Centre who are clearly not properly encouraging her to get a job.

Wonder if she has a local job centre.. what with flint & purnell closing our local job centres and relocating to bournemouth 12 miles away. Fabulous super timing... ;)

Back