The Times articles.

Developers actually REDUCE the pressure on the housing market.

Sponsored Links
Developers actually REDUCE the pressure on the housing market.
what by buying up reposessed houses and selling them on at massive profits? And they say you can't make something out of nothing :eek:

They rarely buy repossessed houses and even when they do they buy them at market value, and when they sell them they are sold at market value.
If they renovate them in the process that will improve our housing stock.

They rarely buy repossessed houses and even when they do they buy them at market value, and when they sell them they are sold at market value.
If they renovate them in the process that will improve our housing stock.
Houses under the Hammer for example

Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
Softus. You seem to be living in a black and white world.
You're like a little (and inaccurate) echo machine...

[url=//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=732910#732910]Here[/url] said:
Any one of the members on the topic would be prepared to have a reasoned debate with you on this subject, but you seem always to insist on presenting an over-simplified and black and white view of a situation that is actually quite complex and a very mirky grey.

No-one is suggesting that immigration is the sole cause of the nation's ills, but it would appear that it does add to them.

If you flood any market with cheap labour then that will suppress wage rises.
I agree on both counts. But the market has not been flooded in the vast majority of places in the UK.

If those people also live in houses that the indigenous population would normally live in - then that fuels house price rises.
Yes, but I don't think that this is happening as widely as you claim.

That means (in black and white terms) that British people are earning less yet paying more for their housing needs (buy or rent).
It therefore follows, that more children will be raised in the misery of poverty.
No, it doesn't follow, although I understand your reasoning.

You don't need 'hard facts' to understand what is happening, just basic common sense.
This is a beauty. One day I shall remind you that you wrote it.

Possibly many times.

Does anyone know how to make a link refer to midway down a page of a post as Softus has done a couple of times in this topic?

Thanks

MW
I found out you can do it this way, don't know if Softus does it the same.

Click on the forum member which send you to here then click on Find all posts by megawatt then click onto the post you want Re: The Times articles.

I bet you can't wait for Joe now :LOL: ;)

Thanks.

No, I'm not bothering attempting to debate this one with Joe as its a futile exercise.

At greatly inflated prices, what developers do you know that don't make a profit on a house sale?

At greatly inflated prices, what developers do you know that don't make a profit on a house sale?

At MARKET prices. If there was no immigration then the housing shortage would be less acute - hence prices would be lower.

Sponsored Links
Back