"Brits begin exodus from France"

Sponsored Links
was listening to jezza vine on radio 2 last week they were on about this, seems they still get a pension from england, cant afford to live there and when they return are expecting a nice bungalow by the sea .....

So they leave the country, continue to take money from the state and spend it all in france (as if we don't subsidise them enough via the eu farm subsidies) and whinge and moan when it doesn't work out. I for one hope the goverment doesn't bend over backwards to assist them once they come back!

Sponsored Links
So they leave the country, continue to take money from the state and spend it all in france (as if we don't subsidise them enough via the eu farm subsidies) and whinge and moan when it doesn't work out. I for one hope the goverment doesn't bend over backwards to assist them once they come back!

I very much doubt these people are relying on our state pension. They will be private pensions, and whether they are or not, they have no doubt contributed infinitely more in NI and tax whilst they were UK residents before they retired.

Whats the problem ?

I very much doubt these people are relying on our state pension. They will be private pensions, and whether they are or not, they have no doubt contributed infinitely more in NI and tax whilst they were UK residents before they retired.

Whats the problem ?

they are now expecting free housing etc when they return after selling their villas etc.

thats the problem, they have been happy there for years on end, now its gotten a bit tight they want out and help. **** em i say. they jumped i for one dont want to see anyone giving them a life belt.

they are now expecting free housing etc when they return after selling their villas etc.

thats the problem, they have been happy there for years on end, now its gotten a bit tight they want out and help. **** em i say. they jumped i for one dont want to see anyone giving them a life belt.

They paid tax and NI up until they retired just the same as you will. What makes you so special ? Surely you should be judged on what you put into the system. If they had dissapeared aged 30 for example, then I understand your point, but this article mentions retired folk who moved there when they retired.

They paid tax and NI up until they retired just the same as you will. What makes you so special ? Surely you should be judged on what you put into the system. If they had dissapeared aged 30 for example, then I understand your point, but this article mentions retired folk who moved there when they retired.

the ones i am referring to are the ones i heard on the radio, but im sure they all fit in same catagory, its ok to jump ship when times are good, taking pensions etc, but when its tough coming back, but not using the cash they sell up over there with for houses, they are expecting free bungalows etc

Sidney Wynn-Simmonds, 73, another British resident of Eymet, said: “Our pensions have dropped in value by a third. Before, we’d go out to the restaurant once or twice a week, now it’s once in a blue moon for a birthday or something special.”

His wife Irmen added: “I’ll go to the market rather than the shops because it’s cheaper. We don’t have aperitifs, only from time to time.”
:rolleyes: NO Aperitifs! FFS these people don't live in the real world never mind France!!!

“There’s no doubt about it. After Christmas we will really have to pull in our belts and be careful what we spend to see ourselves through this period.”.... “A lot of people have gone to the UK for an extended stay this Christmas because their pension goes further there. Another trick which has taken on is to order things from Marks & Spencer, they’ll send stuff out for just £10,” he said.
Oh my god! You're really struggling aren't you? I mean imagine having to have stuff shipped over from M&S! Get a life! :evil:

the ones i am referring to are the ones i heard on the radio, but im sure they all fit in same catagory, its ok to jump ship when times are good, taking pensions etc, but when its tough coming back, but not using the cash they sell up over there with for houses, they are expecting free bungalows etc

Your post is quite hard to decifer.

So you are now suggesting that these 'people' are banking the money from the sale of their homes in France , and demanding council housing when they come to the UK ?

A. I find that hard to believe
B. I find it even harder to believe that these people were admitting to it on a national radio station. Perhaps you can clarify exactly what it is these people were supposed to be doing and what exactly it is that you object to?

ts ok to jump ship when times are good, taking pensions etc

Taking pensions ? You make it almost sound like theft. Why don't you understand that they entitled to do so. They have paid into the pesnion, why the hell shouldn't they have it ? :confused:

if you have more than £16.000 in the bank you get no help from the british goverment
between £16.000 and £8.000 you get varying help but any income will be taken into consideration
once your income is around £150 you get no help from the state

f you have more than £16.000 in the bank you get no help from the british goverment
between £16.000 and £8.000 you get varying help but any income will be taken into consideration
once your income is around £150 you get no help from the state

I did wonder whether council housing was means tested, but wasn't sure.

Sponsored Links
Back