The Times articles.

Guess what? Two thirds of the population are not in favour of open door Britain. I'm not in the minority - but you are.
Joe's been reading the Mail on Sunday again :rolleyes:

Get ready for the quote from Times Online or a definition from Wikipedia.

Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
If you think I'm going to read that shopping list you are dreaming
It's your call. I'm merely asking you, in a civilised and reasonable way, to quantify the assertions that you put forwards as facts. Commonly, when people are gently challenged in this way, it emerges that many claims have very little substance behind them.

Why don't you just say what YOU think. Ya know, your OPINION.
As I've already said:

1. If immigration annoys you, then I think it's A Good Thing.
2. If a Cambridge professor claims that there is no negative effect from immigration, then I think it's OK to have more of it.

Reference [url=//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=728818#728818]this[/url] said:
While ever migrants live in rented accommodation then property prices will increase.

As for the net use to the country read this by a Cambridge Professor of economics.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/10/21/nimmigcom121.xml

Softus: How do you do what you did in the previous post ... Make a reference to a part of a post?

I've often thought it would be useful but only seem to refer to a page rather than the actual post.

Reference this, in which you wrote:

Tell you what. Softus. You give us the pro immigration argument. (he won't)

Sponsored Links
It's simple. I KNOW that he won't. He NEVER takes me on in a debate EVER.

That wasn't a debate, that was pedantic nit picking. Let's here what SOFTUS thinks about the mess that is the present UK immigration policy.

Over to you.

Does anyone know how to make a link refer to midway down a page of a post as Softus has done a couple of times in this topic?

Thanks

MW

Don't be a pratt joe. You're standing there with your fists on your hips and your jaw jutting out when your trousers are around your ankles.

In practise, and all mirth aside, my opinion isn't poles apart from yours, but you have a way of taking a reasonable view and turning it into something entirely untenable.

Any one of the members on the topic would be prepared to have a reasoned debate with you on this subject, but you seem always to insist on presenting an over-simplified and black and white view of a situation that is actually quite complex and a very mirky grey.

Do you not realise that people respond to your posts in the same way that a cat's owner flicks a stuffed felt mouse towards it in the hope that it will jump about and play?

When are you going to see that, to have any chance of succeeding in a debate, as opposed to playing immigration policy tennis, which is all you're doing, you have to acknowledge other people's point of view and then counter it? All you do is mock other posts and twist people's words into something that they clearly never meant.

dont worry megawatt, he hasnt made any reply to the point ive raised yet. when hes actually confronted with facts and figures that cut through his sweeping statements thats when he starts his teenage sulking rants....he doesnt...he does! :LOL:

I'm waiting for someone to put the pro immigration debate. The general public are certainly not in favour of wholesale immigration so why do we have it? Why don't the government (that I didn't elect) listen to the wishes of the people? Why has it taken all these years for it to be sufficiently 'PC' for the topic of immigration to be separated from the issue of 'racism'? Or as Andrew Green so cutely puts it, "We can now at last speak about the elephant in the room". For some odd reason that I can never figure, all internet forums are 'far left' and ridiculously PC, but even on here opinions are changing. Come on folks - climb aboard.

night night joe. turn the lights off when you leave

Why is that misleading Bernard?

8 out of 10 jobs is still the same as MORE than 80%.

How can you have 8.35 out of 10? A job is a job, you can't have .35 of a job any more than you can be .35 pregnant.

You can in teaching joe. I know of quite a few who work .2, .5, .6 and so on of a week!

Sponsored Links
Back