Why bother working?

Sponsored Links
we used to live in kensington rent wasnt bad then, I dont blame the mother she and her family have to live somewhere I blame the high rent prices and the council for stupidly paying it.

Why does she have to live in Kensington? I can't afford to live there - so why does she have to? Aren't there cheaper suburbs in Greater London? Tower Hamlets?

council stupidity is nothing new.

i thought this topic was going to be about the importance of employment. :rolleyes:

doh.

Sponsored Links
The Sun have been running stories like this for ages. Depressingly, it's nothing new :evil:

Doesnt say why Kensington council are housing her, maybe she became homeless in the borough?

council stupidity is nothing new.

i thought this topic was going to be about the importance of employment. :rolleyes:

doh.
Joes making the point as to why should one work when one's living standards could be better than you could afford by working, for some.

Does anyone have the nag that someone, somewhere is trying to deliberately anger people?

Why, and what do they hope to achieve?

Is that some sort of human rights law that they must have a bedroom each.

The family, who moved into the property in September, have remained there despite a pledge by James Purnell, the work and pensions secretary, to cut back lavish housing benefit payouts. Elsewhere in the borough, five-bedroom houses are available for half the price.

Blame the Labour party. Are people waking up now?? DON'T VOTE THEM BACK IN AGAIN!!

c, notts,

Blame who? On Kensington Council there are 45 Conservative Councillors and nine Labour.

Regardless of which council is in power, they are legally obliged to house homeless families.

Its the single teenage mothers that should be put in hostels if they get themselves pregnant and are not in a relationship and have no means to support the child.

This cycle needs to be broken as the country will always have to support these who have never contributed a bean to the GDP and are owed a living! :evil:

Its the single teenage mothers that should be put in hostels if they get themselves pregnant and are not in a relationship and have no means to support the child.

This cycle needs to be broken as the country will always have to support these who have never contributed a bean to the GDP and are owed a living! :evil:

I worked in an area of South London where teenage girls saw getting pregnant as a career move. their standard of living rose, they had their own place and a regular income. Most still worked for cash in hand.

This was back in the late 70's early 80's so nothing much has changed really.

As for councils paying high rent to landlords, this has been going on for years as well.

I worked in an area of South London where teenage girls saw getting pregnant as a career move. their standard of living rose, they had their own place and a regular income. Most still worked for cash in hand.

As for councils paying high rent to landlords, this has been going on for years as well.

Which brings us back to the point.....WHY BOTHER WORKING :?: :rolleyes:

Which brings us back to the point.....WHY BOTHER WORKING :?: :rolleyes:

Personally, I wouldn't want to be some scrounging oxygen thief. It is all to do with self respect.

Sponsored Links
Back