Broadband home page?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just got broadband for the first time. When I hit the shortcut to start off, it goes online but no homepage comes up onto the screen.
Can this be set up to come up automatically with a page of my choice e.g google?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
If this is IE, then navigate to the page you want to become your home page, then select Tools->Options and click on the button marked "Use Current".

Windows XP has nothing to do with it.

When it didn't "seem" to work, what did you do and how did the computer respond to those actions?

Sponsored Links
Windows XP has nothing to do with it.

When it didn't "seem" to work, what did you do and how did the computer respond to those actions?

Whilst on the google page, I went into Tools > Internet Options > Use Current and hit 'apply'

Other options to 'use current' were 'use default' or 'use blank'

Then logged off on on again and no home page as before. Have not turned pc off though yet...
S

Stephen19 said:
Whilst on the google page, I went into Tools > Internet Options > Use Current and hit 'apply'
Did the 'Apply' button go greyed out after that?

Then logged off on on again and no home page as before. Have not turned pc off though yet.
You don't need to close IE, or log off, or reboot for this to take effect.

If the home page is staying to what you've set it to then some piece of software is resetting it.

Do you have Norton or McAfee parental control stuff running?

What is the home page being set to?

Have you scanned for viruses and spyware?

Stephen19 said:
Did the 'Apply' button go greyed out after that?

Then logged off on on again and no home page as before. Have not turned pc off though yet.
You don't need to close IE, or log off, or reboot for this to take effect.

If the home page is staying to what you've set it to then some piece of software is resetting it.

Do you have Norton or McAfee parental control stuff running?

What is the home page being set to?

Have you scanned for viruses and spyware?

Yes, I have McAfee running but have never had parental controls set.
It runs a weekly routine check on all aspects e.g spyware.
It does sound like someting resetting back to no homepage...? Which is very awkward.
Do I have to go into something else and tick a box?

Try entering. www.msn.co.uk.
Then see if you make this the home page.
Its my home page with the google tool bar, much beter to have something like this.
Try it anyway

Try entering. www.msn.co.uk.
Then see if you make this the home page.
Its my home page with the google tool bar, much beter to have something like this.
Try it anyway

Interesting but no change! It was interesting in that I got a Spyware warning from McAfee about a change which I didnt get when it was set as google. I allowed the change yet still no homepage...

Which version of internet explorer?
On mine (IE 7) there is a home icon on the taskbar with a dropdown menu. Goto the page you want to set as home and select Add or Change Home Page, Use this webpage as your only homepage. Now everytime you click the home icon you should goto your homepage.
Another way to do it may be to send a shortcut to the desktop by either pressing alt, select file, send, shortcut to desktop or by shrinking the page down, then drag and drop the icon in the address bar to the desktop.

Which version of internet explorer?
On mine (IE 7) there is a home icon on the taskbar with a dropdown menu. Goto the page you want to set as home and select Add or Change Home Page, Use this webpage as your only homepage. Now everytime you click the home icon you should goto your homepage.
Another way to do it may be to send a shortcut to the desktop by either pressing alt, select file, send, shortcut to desktop or by shrinking the page down, then drag and drop the icon in the address bar to the desktop.

Just tried thisb and still also no change!
Oh why cant I get a home page to pop up when I fire up?
I always have to go to email and open a mail I kno wwith a weblink and click on the link to the website page to get in, then change to google or whatever...its nuts.

Sponsored Links
Back