Broag avanta ECO 28c combi ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone ...I have been a forum member for over two years ,just lurking and reading ,learning from all the great information !
I really have learnt much from its excellent members replies and posts ,Thanks very much :D
Ok ! Now this is my first post ,so heres goes???

I need a new boiler...I have a just purchased a new house last month ,Anyways it has fitted a GLOW-WORM 40B SUPER..a beast of a thing located under the stairs ...I want to replace soon ,maybe the next 4-5 months...I want to replace it with a band A combi..I was thinking of a BROAG AVANTA PLUS 28C ..I was planning on saving up to purchase this very well recommended combi...However i was on ebay last night looking at boilers from various companies and came across ,the BROAG AVANTA ECO 28C ..it is priced at a very reasonable £575 a £120 cheaper than the AVANTA PLUS 28C... My question is ? ...What is the difference between the two apart from the price :?:

I live in a average sized 3 bedroom semi...just me and the dog...2 SINKS ,1 BATH.ELECTRIC SHOWER...i am guessing that the 28 kw will be ample for my needs...

Many thanks in advance.. :D :LOL:

mwf28

Sponsored Links
I was thinking of a BROAG AVANTA PLUS 28C ...came across the BROAG AVANTA ECO 28CWhat is the difference between the two apart from the price?
Warranty.

The 28C has 5 years parts, 2 year labour; the ECO 28C has 2 years parts and labour.

I live in a average sized 3 bedroom semi...just me and the dog...2 SINKS ,1 BATH.ELECTRIC SHOWER...i am guessing that the 28 kW will be ample for my needs.
Should be, assuming there will only be one person having a shower/bath at any one time and you don't have the washing machine/dishwasher going at the same time. The problem being that all water, hot and cold, is provided from a single source - the incoming cold main. It would be a good idea to measure the flow rate at your kitchen cold tap - use a graduated bucket and a watch with seconds. Both 28C boilers need 11.4 litres/min to give a 35C temperature rise. If the rate is lower, the water will be able to get hotter; but if the rate is higher, the water will not heat up as much, unless you slow the rate down.

Edit: changed litres/sec to litres/min.

Thanks for reply D.HAILSHAM.. :D

Yes just me in the house ,no extensions planned ,no dishwasher ,washing machine on twice a week .
So there is no difference between the two, that is very interesting indeed.£120 pounds for a extra three years labour & parts cover...Thats works out at £40.00 a year thats pretty good value IMHO
So the ECO could be good value!but if it goes faulty after two years you might end up paying a lot more than £120..

Cheers :LOL:

Both 28C boilers need 11.4 litres/sec to give a 35C temperature rise.

:eek:

Hope you have a bloody big incoming cold water supply pipe! :LOL:

P.S. Think that should read - litres/min

P.P.S. Very good choice of boiler. I fit these, and my customers are very happy with them. Very quiet, compact, well engineered boilers with tried and tested components.

Sponsored Links
Shop around. You should be able to find an installer that can offer a full 5 year parts & labour warranty on the avanta plus 28c for no extra charge.

Both 28C boilers need 11.4 litres/sec to give a 35C temperature rise.

:eek:

Hope you have a bloody big incoming cold water supply pipe! :LOL:

P.S. Think that should read - litres/min
Whoops! Not the first time I've made that mistake.

litres/min
litres/min
litres/min
litres/min
litres/min
litres/min
litres/min

I think I've got it!

PS I've corrected the original.

HEH HE LOL ...I never noticed that ? I was just about to fill my bucket.. :eek:
On a more serious note ,thanks for all the replies ,i have decided that the broag 28c is the right choice for my needs and budget,,plus with all you recommendations and very high opinions of the broag range ,,I feel very happy !
Also i believe the 5 YEAR WARRANTY on the AVANTA PLUS 28C is for the heat exchanger only, with only 2 years parts and labour warranty for the plus 28c..So basically the same as the ECO 28C model...?

I will try and find a local broag installer in the blackpool/NW area to give me a quote ...if there are any in my area..and the extra warranty..
While i am here ,what do you professionals say about the broag avanta weather compensator feature ,is it available on the 28c and is it worth the extra pennies and how does it the "MWC" work for the average joe public..

mwf28

W/C is very good indeed but it needs the owner to leave it alone to do its job.

It can save about 3-13% but if you fiddle with the controls all the time then it can cost you more.

How many times a week do you touch your room stat?

Tony

Also i believe the 5 YEAR WARRANTY on the AVANTA PLUS 28C is for the heat exchanger only, with only 2 years parts and labour warranty for the plus 28c..So basically the same as the ECO 28C model...?
I phoned Broag a few weeks ago to query the Warranty terms. They told me that it was five years parts and two years labour, but the heat exchanger had five years parts and labour.

I didn't ask about the ECO version as I wasn't aware of that model. However their current brochure just says: "two years parts and labour". It does not say if this also applies to the heat exchanger.

I suggest the OP phones Broag on 0118 978 3434 and ask exactly what the warranty is.

Hi AGILE...Nice of you to reply..and very nice to meet you...MMMMH! The house i have just brought has no room stat or stat anywhere....In my last house i had a stat in the entrance hall ,just an analogue dial one ,i never really touched it much if the temp out side did not change much,but on some days it was colder i would turn it up a few notches and then if the temp the next day was slightly more mild and less cold i would turn the stat down.
I did noticed with my last house that cavity wall insulation kept the house warmer and at a more level temp than before..i adjusted the stat less ,if that is any help :(
I do not have CWI at my new house ,though might consider it at a later date.

In my last house i had a stat in the entrance hall ,just an analogue dial one ,i never really touched it much if the temp out side did not change much,but on some days it was colder i would turn it up a few notches and then if the temp the next day was slightly more mild and less cold i would turn the stat down.

Yes, thats the problem.

The room stat controls the temperature INSIDE the house. If set to 21C then it controls it at 21C.

It should not be moved once you have chosen a temperature at which you feel comfortable.

With W/c it will only work properly and deliver good savings if you leave it to do its job once set up properly.

I think its wonderful. But it relies on the user not over riding the settings.

Watch an internal thermometer and you should see that the indoors temoerature is controlled within a degree or two during the heating times.

Tony

Hello guys,

I'm based in East Sussex and looking for a boiler for my house. Currently it has no boiler at all. I'm looking at

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Broag-Avanta-...arden_Hearing_Cooling_Air&hash=item3a61abf914

Seems a bloody good price

it's a for a 3 bed semi with one shower / bath combo. Will be looking to add a second shower at some point in the future.

My girlfriend's flat currently has the 24c, it's been very good.

Thanks

CoXen

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back