Build a step on block paving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, i have a block paved drive, but the step down from the front door is quite a big drop. Can i build a step ontop of the block paving or will it nacker the driveway?

Sponsored Links
It would knacker it. You would be best to lift the blocks, build the step to suit the opening then you will only have to replace a few 1/2 blocks.

Last edited:
No a step needs an ickle foundation or decent base at least, you can't build on top of the blocks as a permanent solution.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, I'm off 60 miles to the nearest quary (hope they have some suitable "stone" and its not a sand quarry), I've hired a 1 tonne pick up, and got two labourers with me to help lift this stone, and then I'm going to lay this big random size stone of random shape and colour (hoping its the right height) on my totally different designed drive and not worry at all that it fits in with the front of the house and garden.

Simples. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm off 60 miles to the nearest quary (hope they have some suitable "stone" and its not a sand quarry), I've hired a 1 tonne pick up, and got two labourers with me to help lift this stone, and then I'm going to lay this big random size stone of random shape and colour (hoping its the right height) on my totally different designed drive and not worry at all that it fits in with the front of the house and garden.

Simples. :rolleyes:

As always, you make a compelling case...

But I might mitigate the dilemma you pose by:

Phoning around possible suppliers (before hiring the van and help)
Recognising the weight of said lump is going to be more 200 kg than 1 tonne. (sums needed)
Recognising that the supplier will almost certainly deliver.
Closer quarries than 60 miles might be available.

Still simples!

foto_no_exif.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back