Builder's wiring!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went to a job and the builder had disconnected the security alarm from the fused spur and wonder why the breaker wouldn't reset?
Image023.jpg
[/img]

Sponsored Links
Don't tell me, he called you up and told you to bring a new circuit breaker?

Makes a change for it not to be the alarm fitters at fault... Had one a while ago - this a big name national alarm company I probably shouldn't name- spurred the 1.0mm alarm feed off the incoming side of the fuse board isolator.

At least its safe. Went to a site today, extension being added, found three cables just chopped off by the builder and still live.
Old Wylex board = no RCD. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
The one that took the biscuit with me was seeing someone with a mains drill and a 1m long bit drilling a hole in the bottom of a full swimming pool to mount a hand rail. They also had a very long extension lead to reach the socket in the plant room outside (which wasn't RCD protected.)

spurred the 1.0mm alarm feed off the incoming side of the fuse board isolator.

More common than you think- the "idea" was to give the panel a UPS.... :eek:

Seen it once or twice, but this was the biggest name in the biz, I should know better than to think that should mean something, but y'know.

okay here's one, plumber called up and said he's damaged a pyro, is it okay to put some tape on it and push it out the way...

doped up plumber + pipeslice + unsheafed pyro submain that "looked a bit like a water pipe"=

Nightmare.

Looks old enough to be imperial.

That'd be a new submains then.

Oops :LOL:

Nightmare.

Looks old enough to be imperial.

That'd be a new submains then.

Oops :LOL:

yeah, 3pm on a friday so chucked a length of armoured in.

fused @ 60A in the cut out.

Don't think the guy realised how close he came.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back