Building a new brick wall

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I don't really want pillars in the wall. Also the wall is long on one side. About 22 meters. I will read the info on both links :)

I think the pillars could go on the outside of the wall, and just be a little bigger than normal. Best of luck though

Just thinking about this wall, we are going to have blue engineering brick as the dpc.
Should I go for two layers of blue ? It wouldn't harm to go for another layer would it ? As the price is the same which ever brick I use.

Sponsored Links
Nope; the function of a DPC is to stop damp rising into the living area. A garden wall, as well as being open to the elements, has no living area that requires a dry wall.

If the bricks are crap or not frost rated, engineers could help with frost protection at ground level, and prevent unsightly visible damp and algea at the base of a garden wall.

But otherwise there is no use for a DPC in garden walls.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back