Building Control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was worried about involving BC with a job in hand....though it would cost an arm and a leg. Not too bad at all.... £58 for their advice on a job costing less than £1000 :). Charges increase sa the cost of the job increases, but ......58 quid....thats cool

Sponsored Links
So thats at least 6% of the project cost and what has been the added value?

Blimey a satisfied customer! What's the job? are you sure you actually had to involve them at all!

£58 for some advice Noseall/Shytalks/Thermo etc should charge for their services on this site !

Is nt everyone a satisfied customer with building control ? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I agree......I've had loads of invaluable advice from some of the guys on here...... I thinks the reason I was happy at paying 58 quid it that it was a lot cheaper than I was expecting. Also I was expecting that there would be a load of interferance from BC once they got to know I was doing some work....... a bit like the taxman getting his eye on you. believe me..... if I hadn't had to tell them about the job, I wouldn't have done so, relying instead for good advice from this forum.
Thanks for past (and future) advice :) Eric

£58 for some advice Noseall/Shytalks/Thermo etc should charge for their services on this site !

Is nt everyone a satisfied customer with building control ? :LOL:

now theres an idea! thats £25 an answer from now on then please!

Not so satisfied now.....sat outside the property for 3 and a half hours yesterday waiting for the BC guy to show.......he didn't. Went home and rang them up and was simply told that he was running a bit late..........................MY ARSE!!!

To be fair to them, it is very unusual for that situation to occur.

As Shy says can be a problem if every one wants a visit at a specific time of day . But they should usually be on time . Did you give him a phone number to contact you on, should have rung him after an hour or so to see where he was :idea:

It gets worse....... I did ring to find out why he hadn't arrived....was told he was running late and he would ring me back to rearrange. That was lunchtime Thursday. By lunchtime friday when he still hadnt rang I rang back and was put through to the building inspector who said that he was sorry he had to cancel my visit. " What are you doing exactly" hs asked. I explained the job....which was putting a new soil pipe into the manhole in preparation for moving the bathroom upstairs.... "it's straight forward, just........blah blah blah.
So now.......... £58 for 2 minutes on the phone.

It is unusual, my BI inspected everything; the open trench with soil pipe laid & bedded, soil stack, newly installed sanitary ware upstairs, waste runs; she didn’t want to witness a test though & wasn’t interested in the first fix electrics, & palmed me off with “get someone in to provide a compliance certificate & I will sign off completion”; what are you doing regarding the new electrics?

I assume your Building Notice included installation of the new bathroom & not just the soil pipe run? Is the BI coming back to look at the rest of it before you box everything in? I would be a little concerned & get confirmation they are going to issue you with a completion certificate for your new bathroom even if they don’t inspect anything!

I assume your Building Notice included installation of the new bathroom & not just the soil pipe run? Is the BI coming back to look at the rest of it before you box everything in? I would be a little concerned & get confirmation they are going to issue you with a completion certificate for your new bathroom even if they don’t inspect anything![/quote]

As Rich says give them a bell to check it out, if you feel unhappy ask to speak to the principal bco and explain your woes.
Perhaps he will do a drive by visit :LOL: not uncommon :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back