Building regulations and consent for non load bearing wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a 1.5 meter long non supporting wall, it's non supporting as the wall does not touch the plaster on the ceiling above. To remove this wall do I need building regs and consent or can I just knock it down?

The wall is between the kitchen and dining room.

Sponsored Links
From my understing of uk regs: If its not load bearing it doesn't need consent.

We have a 1.5 meter long non supporting wall, it's non supporting as the wall does not touch the plaster on the ceiling above. To remove this wall do I need building regs and consent or can I just knock it down?

The wall is between the kitchen and dining room.

Is it a 30's house because it might be supporting the beam for upstairs bathroom wall by the landing.

Sponsored Links
Cancerbeat said:
Is it a 30's house because it might be supporting the beam for upstairs bathroom wall by the landing.

No the house was built in the 1960s. I pulled up am upstairs floor board and it's got 2 joists running under the upstairs dividing walls.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back