building up over a wall plate

BCO changed for another- no reason given by LPA.
New BCO said will ask wall taken down to remove old wall plate - "we do not build off timber".
Builder response "show me in BS or other standards where says timber is not acceptable". BCO says passed round office but no one has suggestion how to overcome this. Building work carries on. Roof on. Just needs outer facing brick and windows to make weather tight.

LPA also confirm no planning permission has been granted and warned to continue is at his own risk if to be taken down and returned to as before.

Serious maladministration by LPA over the years leading to game of leap-frog over extension heights. They obviously don't go back to check whats built is what was drawn and approved.
They are adding upper floors to bungalows here in a development of bungalows.
First used as precedence for the next and so on. Each has been drawn same as last one on application but then built slightly higher. After starting with the first extensions increase in eaves height at 1.5m the latest one is approved at 2.1m. Three applications all added 0.2m on the one as built before. How and who do I use to show this and get things corrected. It's as clear as anything when you get the four sets of drawings out and then go count the bricks to see the true heights. They are all trying to get as much head height as possible and slip another block or two in the height when they realise how much of the ceilings will slope to the eaves.

And get this. The applicant stood up at the planning meeting and swore blind he was to build it at just 1.5 m increase. Then went out and built it 2.1 - his drawing showing 2.0m.

I now have a building next door that is at least 0.6m higher than should be approved. Does not have Planning Permission and the LPA has just kindly asked the builder to stop. They will not enforce a stop and in the famous words of Victor Meldrew "I can't believe it".

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back