Built-in Wardrobes with Automatic Lighting

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I cannot locate relay I was thinking of. probably a good thing as it would have been a expensive method. But very good as the light would go out if the door was left open for more than a set time.

The reed switches http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/reed-switches/2897799/ are normally open and close when the magnet is close enough

There are various ways to make a normally open switch operate as a normally closed.

Putting a piece of steel between the magnet and the reed will absorb the magnetic field ( a magnetic shunt ) and the reed will open. In this application the magnet and reed are fixed so the reed is closed and the shunt is attached to the door such that is between magnet and reed when the door is shut.

Instead of a magnetic shunt another magnet of the same type ( strength ) but in the opposite polarity ( North and South reversed ) will negate the effect of the first and let the reed open provided both magnets are the same distance from the reed,

I am talking about this one. The info clearly says
White - Common
Green - N/O
Brown - N/C
On the diagram, it does, and immediately below the bit you've quoted it also says:
NB Form C contact line diagram shown. For Form A contacts only two cores would be shown.
... and if you scroll down to the Spec, it says that the contacts are NO.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back