Bulb question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a fitting with 4 GU10 CFL lights.

When you flick the switch the light is very dim abviously until it warms up and starts to give off decent light. Problem being is I switch the light on, fumbled round the room in the dingy light, knocked a vase over, tripped over the cat, find when I am after then turn it off before its warmed up fully.

Can these be replaced with a regular world burning equivalent or am I stuck with the energy effecient ones.

Sponsored Links
There may be a reason you have to stick with CFL's (or alternative low wattage 'bulbs') try looking for "quick start" versions. You may find just replacing just one or even two, will give you enough instant light.

different makes are different in this respect, I found the General Electric ones i had to be very poor, other makes Ive had have been fine. (and I've heard some of the GE ones are fine and likewise some other companies will make poor ones).

stick with CFL just find some that arent so poor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back