Burner CO2 settings and adjustment

I thought they were only looking for red diesel by its colour.

If Ch oil burnt well then I am surprised that more do not try to use it.

Presumably it would need a lab test to discover it in a lesser amount?

I have no heating oil, just asking.

Sponsored Links
I suspect a lot of people do use it, they're just not caught quite so often as it's much less obvious, as you say it would need a lab test, although I believe some roadside mobile testing units now carry on-board equipment that can determine exactly what is in the sample presented to them

I've been (almost) exclusively diesel powered since 1986 - and I don't recall ever seeing a car have its tank dipped.
John :)

I have never seen it myself but have seen it on the Police TV programs. They probably target country areas as farmers are reputed to use their red diesel in their cars often.

The customs powers are very severe and they can seize your car if its carrying contraband.

Equally they can seize your car if it has the wrong fuel in it !

Something to think about if you drive the latest Merc John!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Yep, the whole burner is spotless, Rick.....
One thing I didn't check was the motor's RPM - as they have a degree of tolerance rpm wise, I thought that pressure adjustment would have compensated for that.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back