heatslave 15/19 air adjustment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
putting in a new oil pump once i set the oil pressure how do i adjust the air to give me the correct CO2 of 10.5,thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Air is done by adjusting the damper setting dial. Do you have means to measure the CO2?

putting in a new oil pump once i set the oil pressure how do i adjust the air to give me the correct CO2 of 10.5,thanks for your help

CO2 readings alone won't tell the operative much if anything , comparing this figure with CO%/O2 will confirm whether appliance is operating within safe limits.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, but as well as pump press & smoke, the CO2 figure is the only one a DIYer needs to be sure of. Eg a wet kit would only give you this reading.

When checking an appliance for CO2% alone how does the operative know whether CO2 is on the fuel rich/fuel lean side of stoich?

CO carbon monoxide yes? this is given off when burning fossil fuels. the more efficient burn the less CO in PPM yes?

so a smokey unhappy burner will be pushing out alot of CO. so what can cause a high CO.

CO2 im not so sure about carbon dioxide right? i cant find a clear explanation online of what that is, used oxygen?

burning fossil fuels. the more efficient burn the less CO in PPM yes?

In an ideal world stoichiometric combustion would be the most efficient burn , due to inaccuracies in the metering of fuel/air excess air has to be introduced into the combustion process (15/20%) , this makes for a fuel lean burn to which burner efficiency is impaired.

In an ideal world stoichiometric combustion would be the most efficient burn , due to inaccuracies in the metering of fuel/air excess air has to be introduced into the combustion process (15/20%) , this makes for a fuel lean burn to which burner efficiency is impaired.[/quote]

This is an oil boiler. You obviously have no idea. Your nat gas rules do not apply.

Excess air needs to be about 30% to 35 % with co2 about 11%. less than 50 ppm CO.

You will need a gas anaylser to set up the air damper after you have set the fuel pump to the correct pressure.

In an ideal world stoichiometric combustion would be the most efficient burn , due to inaccuracies in the metering of fuel/air excess air has to be introduced into the combustion process (15/20%) , this makes for a fuel lean burn to which burner efficiency is impaired.

This is an oil boiler. You obviously have no idea. Your nat gas rules do not apply.

Excess air needs to be about 30% to 35 % with co2 about 11%. less than 50 ppm CO.

You will need a gas anaylser to set up the air damper after you have set the fuel pump to the correct pressure.[/quote]

Question....

Is the manufactures pump pressure set in stone for a modern oil boiler? Ie 100 psi?

Or is this just not possible in the real word when trying to get the correct FGA numbers?

You will need a gas anaylser to set up the air damper after you have set the fuel pump to the correct pressure.[/quote]

I agree you deleting the question that i responded too makes me look a fool. :mrgreen: , i was commenting on fossil fuels (NG) & not oil. :D :cool:

Just back to the original question for a bit.....the air damper setting is via a screw, bottom right of the burner. It has a graduated scale and as a very rough starting point it should be set between 81/2 and 9.
As already said, a gas analyser is the only sure way!
The fuel pump pressure will be between 105 and 115 psi depending on the nozzle.
John :)

Unless you are very experienced with a particular boiler model you need an FGA to monitor the combustion conditions.

Whilst on older boilers the experienced could adjust the air to produce the right colour flame thats no longer an option on modern burners because the range of operating conditions is too wide.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back