Buyer's survey says we need this, what do you think?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My buyers have pulled out of our purchase as they felt there was just too much to be done following a L3 survey. I think it was vastly over played but am now wanting to remedy things that actually do need doing as we're going to be here for a while now and these things will only keep showing up.

Finally, how much of an issue is the crappy felt inside the roof. There are no leaks as far as we can see but it does look tatty at the very least.

The survey reads:
The rear left-hand stack is missing lead flashing soakers in places and these should be reinstated to
prevent the risk of water penetration.

The render to the rear left-hand smaller rendered chimney stack is cracked in places. This can allow
damp penetration to areas below and the render requires further investigation and further repair.

These defects can lead to damp penetration and potential instability of the stacks. The stacks now
requires a thorough overhaul to include re-pointing, repairs to defective masonry/render/flashing/fillet
to leave sound and weatherproof. You should arrange for these works to be undertaken as soon as
is practicable.

There is some minor deflection to the chimney stack brickwork. This movement is currently within
acceptable tolerances, but should be regularly monitored. Should further movement occur the stack
could become unstable and require partial or full reconstruction.

Pics below. I also wanted to see if anyone thought the flaunching should be replaced/repaired and whether we should get the roofer to remove the moss whilst he is up there (is this something they do?).

PXL_20240516_152725260.jpg
PXL_20240515_154929506.jpg
PXL_20240516_152818547.jpg
PXL_20240516_152748964.MP.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20240516_152731239.jpg
    PXL_20240516_152731239.jpg
    537.9 KB · Views: 18
Sponsored Links
My buyers have pulled out of our purchase as they felt there was just too much to be done following a L3 survey. I think it was vastly over played but am now wanting to remedy things that actually do need doing as we're going to be here for a while now and these things will only keep showing up.

Finally, how much of an issue is the crappy felt inside the roof. There are no leaks as far as we can see but it does look tatty at the very least.

The survey reads:
The rear left-hand stack is missing lead flashing soakers in places and these should be reinstated to
prevent the risk of water penetration.

The render to the rear left-hand smaller rendered chimney stack is cracked in places. This can allow
damp penetration to areas below and the render requires further investigation and further repair.

These defects can lead to damp penetration and potential instability of the stacks. The stacks now
requires a thorough overhaul to include re-pointing, repairs to defective masonry/render/flashing/fillet
to leave sound and weatherproof. You should arrange for these works to be undertaken as soon as
is practicable.

There is some minor deflection to the chimney stack brickwork. This movement is currently within
acceptable tolerances, but should be regularly monitored. Should further movement occur the stack
could become unstable and require partial or full reconstruction.

Pics below. I also wanted to see if anyone thought the flaunching should be replaced/repaired and whether we should get the roofer to remove the moss whilst he is up there (is this something they do?).

View attachment 343372View attachment 343375View attachment 343374View attachment 343373
How come you have a Velux in the loft? Seems to be a theme in the street??

Sponsored Links
Soakers as re in place . Flashings have been partially messed with .. moss Removal ??
It's asbestos slate!
Did they not pick up on that ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back