Buying good fireworks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody know where to get decent fireworks...last year I got a box from one of the supermarkets and to say they were carp is a understatment,kids got fed up and went in to watch tv...this year want to get something a bit more explosive ..I dont mean the times square type just family pack

Sponsored Links
Put the money towards a night out at one of the public events. More sociable, more theatrical, more excercise, safer, perhaps a more enjoyable evening all round.

Arrange a meet-up with friends and family and I'm sure you'll have a better evening.

Just paid £120 for 6 rockets the heads are bigger than a coke can and come in a metal cage for safety ,should create a nice little display :LOL:

Every organized firework night i've been to has been a complete disaster.
Wasted hours over the years on this type of rip-off.

Queue up, pay ridiculous amounts of money for entrance, for what????????
15 mins of bangs and flashes. Then thats it. All go home. :eek:

Why don't these organizers capitalize on the fact they have thousands of happy families in one place.

Where are the beer tents.?
Where are the live bands.?
Where are the marquees with scantily clad, short skirted dancers.?
Where are the stalls and attractions for the kids.?
Where are the proper hog roast barbeques, not the scum filled hotdogs and burgers from an old van.?

These organizations owe me hours of my life back. F*ck 'em.

(P.S. sorry bodgeit can't help you with the original question. No idea) :LOL:

Sponsored Links
You`ve never been to Sussex, then :LOL:

And certainly not East Hoathly - Free to watch. Pubs open (2 of them ) BIG bonfire , and the biggest static display you`ll ever see and hear. £120 on a couple of rockets :rolleyes: . Save up and book into a B+B ;)

It`s always on the Saturday near to Armistice Sunday.

I've paid rent to stand on firework displays with sweets and bonfire toffee...and a mate with hot peas and curry.
Two of them were in the grounds of pubs and were completely free to the public who turned up and spent a few quid....The instant the last firework went off they were away like scalded rabbits...a total waste of time for us traders and the publican who set it all up.

I've paid rent to stand on firework displays with sweets and bonfire toffee...and a mate with hot peas and curry.
Two of them were in the grounds of pubs and were completely free to the public who turned up and spent a few quid....The instant the last firework went off they were away like scalded rabbits...a total waste of time for us traders and the publican who set it all up.

Sweets and bonfire toffee ?????Hot Peas and curry...??????
You see......... Here lies the problem raebhoop. ;)

You`ve never been to Sussex, then :LOL:

And certainly not East Hoathly - Free to watch. Pubs open (2 of them ) BIG bonfire , and the biggest static display you`ll ever see and hear. £120 on a couple of rockets :rolleyes: . Save up and book into a B+B ;)

It`s always on the Saturday near to Armistice Sunday.

NAH IF YOU REALLY WANT AN EVENT GO TO LEWES :D put the fear of god up me.never again....well not with the fairer sex anyways.now battle is bloody brillient will be going again this year,went a couple of years back and it was amazing just wow.stood on the battle field and you could feel the ground shake.

A few years back, bought a cheap set of fireworks, so set them off one by one, boring, as usual, as a neighbour always had repeaters...

So this one firework, in the dark, read, bury upto this line ----> ignite fuse and retreat...

Now...I don't know if I misread the instruction, or something went amiss, but it seemed more buried, than all the rest, heyho!

So the kids are all gathered around, everyone is happy, lights the fuse, retreat, DISASTER! Nothing happens...we all adhere to the firework code, still nothing. So my partner approaches, BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The windows on the house rattle, then we are covered in debris, as we recover from our temporary blindness...

The bucket of sand that the fireworks were launched from, is no longer, there is a small crater in my garden. The children are crying due to busted eardrums.

Either the label was printed upside down, or I misread the instructions...I opt for the former...oops.!

A good firework display is unlikely to happen two years running, especially in this economic climate. Home fire work are a waste of time. Yes you can get a big bang but that is about it.

Fireworks done well is complete artistry, but also very expensive. It is also easy to pay loads an get a damp squib which is what happened on millennium. It also helps if you can fire from many locations rather than just a field.

I would say I've only been to two outstanding displays. One in America and the other was in the UK, but UK one was spoiled by a guy in a harness being lifted up with sparklers playing the saxophone.

Sponsored Links
Back