Buying an Audi

If you feel like that, then buy a Dacia.

That's why Transam is not called Sandero.

You seem to be missing the point that they're made by the same company with the same parts, same labour and quite probably at the same factory.

Sponsored Links
Even if that were true, I don't see the relevance.

Merc is owned by Chrysler.

I'm not talking about Mercedes, I'm talking about Audi/Skoda.

Mercedes is owned by Daimler, Chrysler is another company that's part of the Fiat group with no relation to Mercedes or Daimler.

I'm not talking about Mercedes, I'm talking about Audi/Skoda.
My original comment was in reply to this -
"My mate said get a Merc so naturally I did what he said".
I mean it's seats and a steering wheel, how are they not the same?

Mercedes is owned by Daimler, Chrysler is another company that's part of the Fiat group with no relation to Mercedes or Daimler.
Yes, I realise my mistake that they no longer are.

Sponsored Links
My original comment was in reply to this -

+1 to everybody who says don't buy diseasel.

And take a trip to your nearest Cargiant type mega-dealer, not necessarily to buy, or even to test drive, but you and family can try clambering in and out of the A4 and A6, back and front, and then try the equivalent Merc and BMW alternatives.

I was all set to buy an A6 estate until I did that, and then I decided an E-Class was a much better bet.

And seriously - they may be built in the same factory, but VW/Audi/Skoda are not the same. Maybe fairly close if you are buying a new one, but look at 50-80K mile 5+ year old ones and you'll see that they really are not the same.

"My mate said get a Merc so naturally I did what he said".

I mean it's seats and a steering wheel, how are they not the same?

Skoda (the cars and the dealerships) have scored far more highly in JD Power and other surveys than their stablemates.

Sponsored Links
Back