Buying on the web

Unfortunately, since the product appears to be less than £100, Section 75 doesn't apply so this would be a case under distance selling regs and OP would need to enforce through the small claims court.

As an aside, are hand compactors like this any good? I will be putting down a gravel path soon and wonder if they would be suitable?

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately, since the product appears to be less than £100, Section 75 doesn't apply so this would be a case under distance selling regs and OP would need to enforce through the small claims court.

As an aside, are hand compactors like this any good? I will be putting down a gravel path soon and wonder if they would be suitable?
Sounds like betdos got one for sale. Brand new in the box. 110v. Fifty knicker to you. Bargain.

Sounds like betdos got one for sale. Brand new in the box. 110v. Fifty knicker to you. Bargain.

110v is about as much use to me as it is to the OP and at £50 he'd be making a nice profit :LOL:

Who was the seller?
It sounds like you were sent an item 'not as described'. There are laws for your protection in this respect.

Did you pay by credit card? If so, they will provide all the help you need. I know this from experience, having dealt with a 'fly by night' company who ignored all my communications. It took a few months, but my credit card company refunded me and pursued the seller for recompense.
I rang my bank for advice only(N.P.B.Soc,.)sorry i can not name the bank, they did not want to know.

Yes, but did you pay by credit card?
Yes!!
I did pay by credit card.I have just received an email from the seller,he wants me to return the item and pay postage.For a refund.Now the catch post by Parcel/force 48hr...£26.70pence

Then the credit card company are jointly liable if the product was not as described. If they are the 'bank' to which you refer and who 'do not want to know', I'd first make a formal written complaint to the credit card company and, if that doesn't work, approach the appropriate ombudsman or obtain legal advice.

Sponsored Links

Sounds like betbetdost one for sale. Brand new in the box. 110v. vifty knicker to you. Bargain.

110v is about as much use to me as it is to the OP and at £50 he'd be making a nice profit :LOL:
Then you will need a transformer 240 volts to 110 volts,which cost around £50.00 plus.Postage would cost an arm and a leg.

Who was the seller?
It sounds like you were sent an item 'not as described'. There are laws for your protection in this respect.

Did you pay by credit card? If so, they will provide all the help you need. I know this from experience, having dealt with a 'fly by night' company who ignored all my communications. It took a few months, but my credit card company refunded me and pursued the seller for recompense.
I rang my bank for advice only(N.P.B.Soc,.)sorry i can not name the bank, they did not want to know.

Yes!!
I did pay by credit card.I have just received an email from the seller,he wants me to return the item and pay postage.For a refund.Now the catch post by Parcel/force 48hr...£26.70pence

Then the credit card company are jointly liable if the product was not as described. If they are the 'bank' to which you refer and who 'do not want to know', I'd first make a formal written complaint to the credit card company and, if that doesn't work, approach the appropriate ombudsman or obtain legal advice.

Surely, if the seller has sent you an item that is not as described, they are at fault and you should not have to pay postage to return the item.

I am not qualified to say what is allowed in law and what is not. I'd be very interested to learn what a legal expert has to say about this.

Who was the seller?

Yes!!

Surely, if the seller has sent you an item that is not as described, they are at fault and you should not have to pay postage to return the item.

I am not qualified to say what is allowed in law and what is not. I'd be very interested to learn what a legal expert has to say about this.
I have sent an email to Blackburn Council Lancs .(Trading standards)
Let them sort it out.I will let you know the out come of this if you wish.It could be of help to other members

Thanks. Let us know.

But why Blackburn? I thought you had to contact your local TS rather than the one where the seller lives/works.

Thanks. Let us know.

But why Blackburn? I thought you had to contact your local TS rather than the one where the seller lives/works.
I did contact our local T/S they refered me to Blackburn. ( I'am lost on that one as well) Now transfered to trading standards consumer Direct.

Sponsored Links
Back