Buzzing sound

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all wonder if you can help had a oil change new air filter and new oil filter fitted drove the car to day and the engine management light light come on got back home took the air filter out light went off but there was buzzing when engine switched off picture shows where the buzzing us it's a Nissan quashqi 1.5dci 2010.

Attachments

• IMG-20230219-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20230219-WA0003.jpg
    473.8 KB · Views: 57
Sponsored Links
The buzzing sound is from that solenoid valve you have pictured.
I can't say for certain but it looks like the one that takes diesel fumes from the fuel tank and introduces them into the inlet manifold for burning.
The engine lamp....is it the one that looks like an engine, or is it the warning triangle one, illuminated in yellow?
Either way, there should be a fault code stored which can be read with diagnostic equipment - even if the lamp is now out.
Why the lamp should come on is anyone's guess, but has normal service now been restored?
John :)

Have you, or did you disturb any of the pipework or electrical connections?

Was the filter changed by you or by a garage etc?

Filter changed by partner but didn't disturb anything had oil filter changed and oil by a garge

Sponsored Links
Burnerman it's the engine light that came on into journey husband came out to me and took the air filter out and replaced turned engine on and engine went out but had a buzzing noise

OK - was the air filter seriously blocked, do you know; or anything like a rag or whatever impeding the air flow?
It sounds like the air filter may be a bit of a red herring really - more likely the engine was struggling with it's catalytic converter or DPF.
Either way - if it's ok now and the lamp is off, forget it......a fault code will be stored though, and this can be read by a garage with diagnostic equipment. Even a cheap ebay code reader may point you in the right direction.
When you turn the engine off after a run, several items may make a noise - the immobiliser system for one will whine for 10 sec or so.

I'm wondering if the MAF sensor took a knock here....the cables are really tight when the air filter box lid is lifted.

Back