Cable for storage heaters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I was given 2 electric storage heaters the only problem is that both don't have enough cable on them , i noticed that it said heat resistant inside the cable my question is where can i purchase this cable on the net.

Sponsored Links
malawihap have you tried Screwfix or are they not long enough?? Also sorry to steal your stage but the question is on the same subject. Is FP 200 (2.5mm)cable classed as heat resistant as well as Fire proof?? and can it be used to power storage heaters? and an imersion heater? (have got FP200 but not heat resistant flex) :?:

What do you mean, they don't have enough cable? When you install the flex outlets to which you will wire them, put them close enough!

Sheesh...

Sponsored Links
whats wrong with putting a plug on a storage heater?

Well, I guess you could plug it in as you go to bed, and unplug it at breakfast......bit of a bugger though...

Can you not run a storage heater of a plug then and put it on a timer.

Newspark said:
malawihap have you tried Screwfix or are they not long enough?? Also sorry to steal your stage but the question is on the same subject. Is FP 200 (2.5mm)cable classed as heat resistant as well as Fire proof?? and can it be used to power storage heaters? and an imersion heater? (have got FP200 but not heat resistant flex) :?:

Good question, I think that FP200 can be heatproof - after all it is designed with fire survival in mind.

I've wired my property for night storage in all rooms although I haven't fitted any yet. My understanding is that each point should accommodate the maximum heater available which is 3.4kw. I've fitted a 20A DP switch with flex cord outlet at each point. I can't remember where I got this recommendation from as it was about 8 years ago.

shaggy said:
b-a-s said:
3.4kW is 14.8A.....
I know it is, what are you saying?

..and why the ooops from ss?
Dunno about the "oops", but here's my story:

plugwash said:
whats wrong with putting a plug on a storage heater?

juwelkeeper said:
Can you not run a storage heater of a plug then and put it on a timer.

you said:
I've wired my property for night storage in all rooms although I haven't fitted any yet. My understanding is that each point should accommodate the maximum heater available which is 3.4kw.

I said:
3.4kW is 14.8A.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back